Best non alcoholic drink to buy in a pub?

Options
Not sure if this is the best place for this post but here goes.

I need to reduce or give up my alcoholic intake but still want to go to pub with my mates.

Can anyone recommend any good non or low alcoholic drinks.

Found one pub that sells bottled water

Wetherspoons sells a non alcoholic pear cider which is quite nice

Any other suggestions please.

Comments

• love_lifer
    love_lifer Posts: 743 Forumite
    Options
    soda and lime is good, and usually cheap. or plain soda water
  • shellsuit
    shellsuit Posts: 24,749 Forumite
    First Post Photogenic First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Shandy?

J2O?
    Tank fly boss walk jam nitty gritty...
  • ailuro2
    ailuro2 Posts: 7,535 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    The new one that's been advertised on the radio as a grown up drink you can have at the pub with your mates...can't remember wht its called now...:o
    Member of the first Mortgage Free in 3 challenge, no.19
    Balance 19th April '07 = minus £27,640
    Balance 1st November '09 = mortgage paid off with £1903 left over. Title deeds are now ours.
  • N9eav
    N9eav Posts: 4,742 Forumite
    Options
    Shandy sounds good, half and half with a low alcohol lager, means your % alcohol will be reduced by half.
    Otherwise just get a large coke and say you are on antibiotics 'for an infection'
    NO to pasty tax We won!!!! Just shows that people power works! Don't be apathetic to your cause!
  • rockabilly_spike
    Options
    why not just be honest?
    if your mates take the mick for you not drinking alcohol as much for the sake of your health....they're not proper mates.

I mean, I've been teetotal for 10 years now (i'm 30) and I currently play in a rockabilly punk band and have played in rock/metal/punk bands since I was 15. Rock n Roll and drink seem to go hand in hand, but not in my case.
    My REAL mates support my decision not to drink 100%.
    Alcohol gave me a bad head and made me edgy and more bad tempered.
    So I quit aged 20.

bout 6 years ago, a girlfriend actually dumped me cos I didnt drink and cos it was all her and her uni mates seemed to want to do and i bored so easily of watching them all make idiots of themselves every night.
    and I was the boring one apparently!

Don't let anyone make you feel you're less of a person cos you don't drink alcohol.
    its not the law that you must drink!!!
    :: No Unauthorised Links in Signatures please - FM ::
  • snowmaid
    snowmaid Posts: 3,494 Forumite
    Options
    Just tell them straight that you are not drinking! Its so sad how many people think that they are worthless if they don't have booze in their hand!! Well done on taking this stand, which can only be better for your health.

I think the adult soft drink referred to is Slur - you get white and red and is nice. Appletiser is delicious, if you can find a pub serving it!

You can take some of these tastey beverages to your 'friends' when they are laid up in hospital with liver damage! ;)
  • newlywed
    newlywed Posts: 8,255 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    J2O's are nice. There are difference fruit flavours.

My sister likes orange juice and lemonade (together in the same glass - sometimes you need to explain to the bar staff ;))

I usually opt for Coke. Or pineapple juice (as I drink it much more slowly).
    working on clearing the clutterDo I want the stuff or the space?
  • pinkshoes
    pinkshoes Posts: 20,095 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Photogenic First Post
    Options
    OP didn't say anything about her mates giving her a hard time about not drinking!! She just wants suggestions of a non-alcoholic drink to drink in pubs, because they often have such a boring selection!

You could try shandy with 1/4 lager, 3/4 lemonade. I like appletiser, although it tends to be more expensive than alcohol! non alcoholic versions of cocktails are quite nice too, J20, a pint of lemonade and orange juice mix, Schleur (sp???), or even a white wine spritzer which is very low alcohol.
    Should've = Should HAVE (not 'of')
    Would've = Would HAVE (not 'of')

No, I am not perfect, but yes I do judge people on their use of basic English language. If you didn't know the above, then learn it! (If English is your second language, then you are forgiven!)
  • Katgoddess
    Katgoddess Posts: 1,821 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    I rarely drink at the pub, as I'm normally driving.

Sometimes I drink coffee, if they serve food. Caffeine is my drug of choice. :o

J20's are nice, as previously mentioned.
    Amé, but makes me sleepy. I was late for work once, as I'd overslept!
    Pineapple and lemonade. Very tropical.
    I used to drink blackcurrant and lemonade as a child. :D

My OH will drink a lager top if he is driving or if it's really, really hot. Lager with a splash of lemonade.

The pear cider sounds nice. :drool: I read somewhere that you might be able to get it from Ikea, because it's Swedish!
  • lady_noluck
    lady_noluck Posts: 617 Forumite
    Options
    You can most definately get pear cider from Ikea :j
    My mind not only wanders .......... sometimes it leaves completely
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts