We'd like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum. This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are - or become - political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.

Double Glazing Nightmare for Elderly Parents

Options
13»

Comments

• changkra
    changkra Posts: 635 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Absolutely agree, brilliant post. I really cannot see any judge forcing the to pay the full amount seeing as they have paid so much already an are now retired.

When i added it all up and got to just under 20k i couldn't believe what i was seeing and thought id hit he wrong button so did it again. There has to be a good case for court there, especially at that repayment amount.
  • petermb_2
    petermb_2 Posts: 1,565 Forumite
    Options
    This issue, the original issue is easily resolved. There have been a number of landmark appeals that have highlighted major flaws in most lenders agreements and the way they do business. Most of these agreements are easily challenged. In Many cases the client will cease paying immediately and will probably be owed money rather that being in debt. There are agencies fighting these cases out there who levy all their fees to the lender not the client. I know one or two of them.

regards

Peter
    I am a former Broker, former IFA and former compliance officer, for my sins.

However, I have since seen the light.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 12 Election 2024: The MSE Leaders' Debate
  • 344.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.4K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450.1K Spending & Discounts
  • 236.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.6K Life & Family