Wormery's are expencive I made my own and saved £££..

Options
liamgibbins
liamgibbins Posts: 3 Newbie
edited 3 July 2013 at 1:05AM in Green & ethical MoneySaving
(For the Wormery Info look further below)

The way things are these days you have to scrimp and scrap to put food on your table, councils starting to charge you for recycle bin collections, people are starting to grow foods in there gardens and are applying for allotments.

In my case there is over 6 year wait for my location in Hull for a allotment and they ignore petitions to buy/rent more land for this purpose, so have have had the back quarter of our garden turned into an allotment with green house to boot, I am growing veg there all year round and saving me £££ every year.

Most veg is very easy to grow such as potatoes, sprouts (getting expensive these days), carrots, garlic, onions, cabbage, lettuce and much more..

Wormery and compost
Instead of buying compost every year I found that a wormery covers this need for me, generates solid compost and whats called worm tea a potant liquid compost that you mix with water 10:1. and all this by feeding your worms your kitchen scraps fruit and veg, this composts faster then a normal a compost bin and the great thing about them is that you can make them for yourself and you don't have to buy one off the shelf that cost's a lot of money (typically £55-£100 see this link for my £14 version eve-lbs.co.uk/wormery.html and this one looks professionally built.

With what I saw on the news earlier, some councils making you pay for recycle bin collection what a better way of not paying it, saving that £25 per month and recycling your own waste!!! what does not go into your wormery goes into your compost bin..
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure