PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.
We'd like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum. This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are - or become - political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.

savoury bakes

Options
Hi,
I'm getting a bit bored with savoury scones for packed lunches/snacks. Does anyone have any recipes for savoury bakes that I can just get out of the freezer and pop into lunchboxes?

Thanks

Comments

• savingsara_2
    savingsara_2 Posts: 266 Forumite
    Options
    Savoury Cheese Muffins Makes 9 or 10

9oz SR flour
    1 tsn baking powder
    half a tsn salt & same of dry mustard powder
    2 tbns sugar (really! it improves the texture of the muffins)
    3oz strong cheddar, grated
    1 egg
    8 fl oz milk
    3oz vegetable oil

Usual principle with muffins. Mix all dry ingredients together in a large bowl. Mix the wet ingedients together, then add to the dry ones, mixing only till they're just combined. Bake at 190C for 20-25 minutes. Before baking you could sprinkle the muffins with a little extra cheese or sesame seeds.

You could add some chopped olives or pepper or perhaps 2-3 tbsns chopped fresh herbs or 1 tsn dried. Chives would be nice.
  • Addiscomber
    Addiscomber Posts: 1,004 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    This is a link to my recipe for mini quiches made in bun tins, which I freeze for packed lunches - we just take out however many are required for that day.
    http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showpost.html?p=3496799&postcount=12
    I am glad to say that DS got bored with them and I am having a rest from them at the moment, but will no doubt be back to making 36 or 72 at a time before long :eek:
  • Queenie
    Queenie Posts: 8,793 Forumite
    Options
    My lads enjoy calzones - basically, pizza dough rolled in to smaller circles stuffed with cheese/veggies/meats folded over like a cornish pasty, baked then frozen.
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    PMS Pot: £57.53 Pigsback Pot: £23.00
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 12 Election 2024: The MSE Leaders' Debate
  • 344.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.4K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450.1K Spending & Discounts
  • 236.3K Work, Benefits & Business