Ex Avco Pension

Options
Hiya, I am trying to trace an old Avco pension, from about 1997.

They were taken over by The Associates, and then apparently by Citibank. I have all the paperwork from when I left. The pension tracing agency have not been able to help, and I have contacted Citibank Pension department who don't have any details of the ex Avco pensions. Also, I have contacted the pension department of Avco US, who are evasive!!!

If anyone worked for Avco around the same time or who knows anything about these pensions, please let me know :-)

Comments

• xylophone
    xylophone Posts: 44,412 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    edited 27 June 2013 at 9:15PM
    Options
  • Findit
    Findit Posts: 2 Newbie
    Options
    Thanks xylophone. I did use the government "Pension Tracing Service Team" but this one appears different. If anyone meanwhile still reads the post and is an ex Avco employee, I'd love to hear from them meanwhile:)
  • Hello ... I am an ex-employee of Avco. I am in the same situation. Have you got anywhere with your trace ? I did get a pension statement some years ago, but I do need to get another. It should be fine ... the pensions cannot go anywhere, but I'd like to know if you have progressed further. I have the feeling it is being administered by another company. S
  • mgdavid
    mgdavid Posts: 6,705 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Hello ........... I did get a pension statement some years ago, ............

can you say for the OP who and where that came from?
    The questions that get the best answers are the questions that give most detail....
  • xylophone
    xylophone Posts: 44,412 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    According to Wikipedia
    Avco's affiliated company, Avco Financial Services, was spun off to Associates First Capital in 1998,[6] which itself was acquired by Citigroup in 2000.[7]

http://www.charlesrussell.co.uk/userfiles/file/pdf/pensions/Autumn_Case_Law_Update_2013.pdf

On page 4 you will find a reference to Citifinancial (AVCO) UK Pension and Life Assurance Scheme - the case relates to a decision dated 31 July 2013.

PENSION SCHEMES ACT 1993, PART X
    DETERMINATION BY THE DEPUTY PENSIONS OMBUDSMAN

Applicant Mrs J Robbins
    Scheme Citifinancial (AVCO) UK Pension and Life
    Respondents Citigroup Group Global Markets Limited, Gallagher Benefits Consulting Limited

Is the above your scheme?
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport