Many thanks

Just popped in to say thanks to everyone who has given me advice on dealing with mum's debt, she has now fully paid off the bailiffs and that's all done and finished with. no more!!!
For now, we're ok, I am going to pay half the council tax as i am legally responsible but she is slowly getting back on her feet :)
thanks again everyone
take care x

Comments

• hypno06
    hypno06 Posts: 32,296 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Glad that things are sorting themselves out for you.

Why not pop back in from time to time and keep posting, whether for advice, support or just for a bit of a laugh you will find us a nice bunch (sometimes :rotfl: )
    Successful women can still have their feet on the ground. They just wear better shoes. (Maud Van de Venne)
    Life begins at the end of your comfort zone (Neale Donald Walsch)
  • RAS
    RAS Posts: 32,642 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Hi Touring

Glad to learn that things are sorting out. Do keep in touch. if you can get your mum to come on line as there are a lot of ways of saving money across the site, from money saving old style to best deals on utilities.

Also, if you have not already signed her up for freecycle, get onto https://www.freecycle.org and going to your local branch in the UK. This will enable you to get stuff for nothing.
    The person who has not made a mistake, has made nothing
  • angelavdavis
    angelavdavis Posts: 4,714 Forumite
    Mortgage-free Glee!
    Hi Touring,

Great news and glad the folks on here were able to help - its good to get feedback as sometimes members here post and get advice but we don't hear any more - just have to hope the advice has worked!!

Good luck with everything. x
    :D Thanks to MSE, I am mortgage free!:D
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.1K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family