I want a sofa from Furniture Village

I've had my eye on a sofa since Xmas. It has been half-price for ages but I just can't afford it at the moment. Anyhow I popped in there today and it is now full-price again!

Do you know if Furniture Village are the sort of company to yo-yo prices up and down as I definitely can't afford to pay the full-price. Furniture Villages prices are scandulous!!!!

Comments

• Hello, I hope you may have found your sofa by now.

I went in there today - they have a sale on at the moment. I know they tend to be a little more expensive than the others. I got my 2 seater sofa and one chair for £1000, including delivery and scotchguard. Not cheap!! But then again, it was half price!!!

It is better quality than DFS though, so you are paying for a good few years out of it. They have a 0% finance deal as well to help you out
    I am finally a homeowner!!:beer:
  • Loobysaver
    Loobysaver Posts: 764 Forumite
    Yay - it has finally gone half -price again. I don't know how long for though!!

I can't believe they want £140 for scotchguard and £39 delivery!!!

Do you know if the scotchguard is actually worth it??

I haven't bought a sofa for years. My sister got her's from DFS but I have heard lots of bad things about that shop.
  • Loobysaver wrote: »
    Yay - it has finally gone half -price again. I don't know how long for though!!

I can't believe they want £140 for scotchguard and £39 delivery!!!

Do you know if the scotchguard is actually worth it??

I haven't bought a sofa for years. My sister got her's from DFS but I have heard lots of bad things about that shop.

I bartered with them and got the scotchguard and delivery thrown in free. They are better made than DFS from what I can see, and it is worth paying if you want it to last a good few years.
    I am finally a homeowner!!:beer:
  • Quick look on eBay, scotchgaurd is about £5 a can and just sprays on, it might take 3 cans for a big sofa, so £15.
    Harry Potter, Computer Wizard.

There are 10 types of people in the world, those that understand Binary and those that don't! :j
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure