🗳️ ELECTION 2024: THE MSE LEADERS' DEBATE Got a burning question you want us to ask the party leaders ahead of the general election? Post them on our dedicated Forum board where you can see and upvote other users' questions, or submit your suggestions via this form. Please note that the Forum's rules on avoiding general political discussion still apply across all boards.

Divorce + house sale and Pension split help

Options
2»

Comments

• JimTracy
    JimTracy Posts: 32 Forumite
    Options
    if its the case where she hasnt began proceedings with the pension sharing annex, do you think im within my rights to hold up sale of the house until this is at least started if not completed, seeing as how long its been from when it was supposed to be done (last november) ?
    (i know youre not official legal advice, but would like some general feedback)
  • EclipsedMind
    Options
    Personally I think if it was clear during proceedings that the lump sum was necessary to rehouse you I would not sign off the house sale. I would write to the bullying solicitor stating that the rehousing of you was clearly understood to require the pension transfer and you will not be in a position to sign off the house sale until it has occurred.

Any costs relating to the house sale being delayed are due to the failure to expedite the pension transfer and thus are not your responsibility as you are unable to influence that in any way.

Should you end up before a judge this letter, case notes and common sense should hopefully see them rule in your favour and I think her solicitor will know that and are chancing their arm.

It has been said that the house market has started rising so your buyer takes a chance if they walk instead of being patient.
    I think opinions should be judged of by their influences and effects, and if a man holds none that tend to make him less virtuous or more vicious, it may be concluded that he holds none that are dangerous; which I hope is the case with me.
  • atush
    atush Posts: 18,730 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    I agree, i would write that letter.
  • SallyG
    SallyG Posts: 850 Forumite
    Options
    Pension Sharing Annex Form P1
    http://ps4d.co.uk/legal_forms_for_pensions_in_divorce_proceedings/Pension%20Sharing%20Annex%20(Form%20P1).pdf

You'll note that it doesn't require the signature of the pension member - some solicitors acting for the recipient complete P1 and return it to court to remove opportunities to delay.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 11 Election 2024: The MSE Leaders' Debate
  • 343.9K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.3K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450K Spending & Discounts
  • 236.1K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609.3K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.5K Life & Family
  • 248.7K Travel & Transport