Switch?

Options
Tried to log in to look at my pension today - found this

"Website unavailable

Scottish Widows eServices are currently unavailable due to a systems release. Services will be unavailable from 10pm on Friday 22nd March until 8am on Monday 25th March. We apologise for any inconvenience this may cause. "

Comments

• redmalc
    redmalc Posts: 1,433 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    I have had the same issue,what the hell is going off ?
  • SallyG
    SallyG Posts: 850 Forumite
    Options
    Their IT is wonky - not spotting it shouldn't say March is symptomatic of quite a long line of slapdash errors in my case.
    Can't trust it.
    I'm scared that the whole organisation is ditto.
    Trouble is you never know how bad the rest are until you try ..........
  • dunstonh
    dunstonh Posts: 116,610 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    I had to laugh as SW emailed during the week saying they had won an award for online services. Yet their online system is rubbish compared to others (another reason you ignore awards).

It is not uncommon for them to do work over the weekends (and others). Usually they put a holding page up but sometimes the holding page doesnt get updated from earlier work and you do see things like this.
    I am an Independent Financial Adviser (IFA). The comments I make are just my opinion and are for discussion purposes only. They are not financial advice and you should not treat them as such. If you feel an area discussed may be relevant to you, then please seek advice from an Independent Financial Adviser local to you.
  • SallyG
    SallyG Posts: 850 Forumite
    edited 23 June 2013 at 1:28PM
    Options
    http://www.independent.co.uk/news/business/news/regulator-tells-barclays-lloyds-and-rbs-to-plug-27bn-hole-in-finances-8666086.html

"One source close to Lloyds described its £7 billion figure as “misleading” because it did not fully take into account billions of pounds’ worth of disposals announced since the turn of the year, including wealth manager St James’s Place. In a statement the bank, which is also expected to benefit from a £1 billion dividend from its Scottish Widows unit, said it was already three quarters towards the PRA target and would have it covered before the year end."

http://www.scotsman.com/the-scotsman/business/scottish-widows-to-hand-lloyds-1-6bn-dividend-1-2972639

"A spokesman for the bank said the dividend was the “best use” of the insurer’s excess capital. .......
    Scottish Widows said it will “remain a strongly capitalised business” after the divi payment, adding that the IGD surplus – a UK regulatory measure which calculates surplus capital – for Scottish Widows was estimated to be £2.6bn. The PRA “Pillar 1” surplus – a measure of financial requirement under European Solvency II rules – is estimated to be £3bn."
    Time to look after the cash cow?
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.7K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport