Chelsfield Lakes Golf Club - Orpington

Options
Anyone used this venue for wedding reception or been there?

Comments

• Katie_Pink
    Katie_Pink Posts: 58 Forumite
    Options
    Hi,

Yes I have been there and to loads of other venues around the Bromley/Chislehurst area.

What questions have you got?

I put some replies on your other thread are they any good. What kind of budget have got?
  • lucy_w86
    lucy_w86 Posts: 827 Forumite
    Options
    Katie_Pink wrote: »
    Hi,

Yes I have been there and to loads of other venues around the Bromley/Chislehurst area.

What questions have you got?

I put some replies on your other thread are they any good. What kind of budget have got?

Our budget is quite flexible.

What is Chelsfield Lakes like? Cost?

Where else have you been?

Thanks

xx
  • Katie_Pink
    Options
    The nicest thing about Chelsfield Lakes is the view across the golf course. It is not a paricularly impressive building - just a typical golf club really. It is not particularly lavish if that is the kind of thing you want.

The room has big windows on two sides with patio doors leading out to a nice outside seating area. The main room is on two levels and so the tables would be on an l-shaped area and then some would have to be moved away for some dance floor space.

I am not entirely sure about the cost but my friend is getting married there on August 25th this year and she is having a three-course sit down meal and evening buffet which at a guess might be £50 a head.

I have heard really good things about the new Beckenham Place and I have been to Bromley Court, Addington Palace, Eltham Palace, some golf clubs and quite a few others. Let me know if you have any othe Q's.
  • lucy_w86
    Options
    The nicest thing about Chelsfield Lakes is the view across the golf course. It is not a paricularly impressive building - just a typical golf club really. It is not particularly lavish if that is the kind of thing you want.

The room has big windows on two sides with patio doors leading out to a nice outside seating area. The main room is on two levels and so the tables would be on an l-shaped area and then some would have to be moved away for some dance floor space.

I am not entirely sure about the cost but my friend is getting married there on August 25th this year and she is having a three-course sit down meal and evening buffet which at a guess might be £50 a head.

I have heard really good things about the new Beckenham Place and I have been to Bromley Court, Addington Palace, Eltham Palace, some golf clubs and quite a few others. Let me know if you have any othe Q's.

Where is Addington Palace..?

Eltham Palace is VERY expensive

What other gold clubs would you recommend?
  • Katie_Pink
    Options
    Eltham Palace is my dream wedding venue :-)

Addington Palace is near the mad mile. I think it is also quite expensice but it is absolutely stunning and the lady that organises the wedding there is brill.

My sisters wedding is there on Saturday. Eek!!

Golf clubs ... Chislehurst and Broke Hill are both nice. I think you might have to know a member to use Chislehurst.

Another place is The Warren in Hayes/Keston, Oakley Place on Bromley Common, Bickley Manor Hotel ...

Have you visited any of these like/dislike them

x
  • lucy_w86
    Options
    we saw bulls head hotel but it is too small we think. just about fits 100 for meal which would be a squeeze for us

i wanted to stay local

dont like the look of bickley manor and going to look at oakley house although we may be pushing the budget there
  • Katie_Pink
    Options
    Definitely visit Chelsfield Lakes and Broke Hill then. They aren't too far and you can just walk in and have a nosey around. The warren is a nice venue and more reasonable at £25 per head I think for a sit down. It is made nicer by the fact it views over playing fields and woods.

Another place is Beaverwood sports club just opposite the school.

Bickley is quite old fashioned inside.
  • lucy_w86
    Options
    Definitely visit Chelsfield Lakes and Broke Hill then. They aren't too far and you can just walk in and have a nosey around. The warren is a nice venue and more reasonable at £25 per head I think for a sit down. It is made nicer by the fact it views over playing fields and woods.

Another place is Beaverwood sports club just opposite the school.

Bickley is quite old fashioned inside.

Does Broke Hill have a website?

I think the Warren may be too far
  • Katie_Pink
    Options
    Where are you getting married.

It doesn't seem to have it's own website but is featured on this one with a few pictures;

http://www.venues.org.uk/profile_page.asp?VenueID=3859
  • lucy_w86
    Options
    where is addington palace?
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts