£1 skin MOT

Options
skn clinics has an offer for a £1 'skin assessment', in association with the British Skin Foundation, where you can get advice and tips on skincare. As it's a cosmetic company there is always a chance it'll try and flog you something but it's also a way for you to check out any skin concerns you may have.

There are clinics on high streets and in city suburbs all over the uk, but for more info see it's website.

*** Get the Martin's Money Tips Free E-mail at www.moneysavingexpert.com/tips ***

Comments

• mrs_T
    mrs_T Posts: 1,017 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    All over the UK? Theres only one in Scotland as far as I can see. Oh well nice idea.
  • Fellmeister
    Options
    From the looks of their website, the skin consultation is a free service but in this case the pound goes to charity.

I'm going to give this a go and will let you know how i get on. I've braced myself for the bevy of product plugging they'll no doubt be doing...
  • lolly5648
    lolly5648 Posts: 2,257 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    I find it odd that they don't give the addresses of the clinics. There is one a few miles from me but no address. I would have liked to have seen the outside and collected a price list before committing to an appointment
  • Cazzdevil
    Cazzdevil Posts: 1,052 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    I've made enquiries too, checked on Yell to find out the address of the clinic so I know it's right in the city centre (on a very posh street so it's likely to be expensive!).
  • debbie_gatenby
    Options
    what a shame , we have not got any in devon especially in plymouth ,we have lots of people who are on low incomes who would have enjoyed this . such a nice idea i would have loved to have tried this many thanks debbie gatenby.
  • helen5_2
    helen5_2 Posts: 24 Forumite
    Options
    I have been recommended this company by a dermatologist so Im guessing they are good you can find the prices on the web site.
  • bj292
    bj292 Posts: 2 Newbie
    Options
    I'm using a SK:N clinic to remove a tattoo on my arm. I think the prices are about standard for the industry and the service is professional.
  • BargainHunterCat
    Options
    Here's another good one:

Mary Kay consultants usually give free facials and makeovers. If you're lucky you might get a free microdermabrasion facial!

They will of course try to sell you some of their stuff or sign you up to be a consultant (be strong, it's not an easy way to make money! I know I used to do it!) but it's a no obligation freebie and quite good fun...and you never know they might have something you like!

Find your local representative at:

https://www.marykay.co.uk

:A
    Debt 2007 £17k :(

Current Debt approx £7.5k :)

Target - to pay off all debts by 2020 :A
  • Cinders2001
    Cinders2001 Posts: 1,457 Forumite
    Photogenic First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    None down my way....:cry:
    ** Freebies and money saved with the help of you all? - Don't know ....lost count! **
    ** Stay Safe **
  • nananx4
    nananx4 Posts: 3 Newbie
    Options
    If you click on the city/town nearest you an address comes up.
    YES, they do seem to be in ' expensive ' area's. But for a quid you cannot go wrong.

As long as you are strong & dont let them talk you into 'buying'.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.5K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure