We’d like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum.

This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are – or become – political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.

📨 Have you signed up to the Forum's new Email Digest yet? Get a selection of trending threads sent straight to your inbox daily, weekly or monthly!

GREEN DEAL Assessor/providers

maggiesoop
maggiesoop Posts: 358 Forumite
Is it me or is trying to get some information driving you round the bend. At least once a month the Green Deal is mentioned on Radio 4's You and Yours so they are definitely getting enough publicity but, as Winifred Robinson keeps saying, its horrendously confusing, and don't I know it.

I eventually managed to get hold of a local Assessment provider - Firstcall Home Assist (HQ) 4c New Mart Road, Edinburgh who didn't hesitate in calling round to do the assessment and take my £100.

Since then( 5 weeks ago) I've called them and emailed THREE times to ask what I do to get the ball rolling but nothing

OK, back to the drawing board... I'll see what I can find out myself from Energy Savings Trust. Apparently it's easy peasy to move from having your assessment done to now getting a provider.

Now, I'm based in Edinburgh - the capital of Scotland with a population of almost 1/2 million people - yet my nearest provider is a company in Swansea ???

This is driving me nuts.

Has anyone else had any luck in getting work done locally on the Green Deal?
This discussion has been closed.
★ ★ ★ Meet your Ambassadors

🚀 Getting Started

Hi new member!

Our Getting Started Guide will help you get the most out of the Forum

Categories

  • All Categories
  • 355.7K Banking & Borrowing
  • 254.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 456.1K Spending & Discounts
  • 248.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 605.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 179K Life & Family
  • 263.6K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 16.2K Discuss & Feedback
  • 37.7K Read-Only Boards

Is this how you want to be seen?

We see you are using a default avatar. It takes only a few seconds to pick a picture.