PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

August 2013 Grocery Challenge

Comments

• lushlifesaver
    lushlifesaver Posts: 2,375 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Morning all, £2 spent yesterday in the new 99p shop that has opened in the local shopping centre. I can see that place saving us a bit as the local pound shops are only small and barely stock anything we'd touch where are the 99p shop stock lots we'd eat. Especially stuff to allow me a bit more variety of hot lunches in winter :) and bits for when we take the team away (I'm responsible for food at lunches etc!)
    Daughter born 26/03/14
    Son born 13/02/21
  • Billie-jo
    Billie-jo Posts: 1,221 Forumite
    Nicki_Sue - I have a bread maker but only use it to mix the dough then bake in the oven. I don't make my own bread ALL the time but when I do its so much nicer than shop brought. I also mix base up for pizza's in it but to be honest if/when it no longer works I doubt I would buy another one just do it all by hand. I buy flour and yeast from A1di or Te$co depending what shop I am in when I need some.
    Daughter also has a bread maker that was given to her and as yet she has never used it but does make her own bread using the mixes she buys from A1di and they are not bad.

Bluegreen - rolls look lovely and very professional.
    MARCH £62.38/250
  • b_girl
    b_girl Posts: 266 Forumite
    I've been Money Tipped!
    Hi all,
    I'd love to join this thread if it's not too late? Since we are already a week into this month I'll aim for £80 this month for DH, baby DD and I. Including all food, toiletries and cleaning products.

My grocery spending has become out of control since moving house 2 weeks ago and I desperately need to get back on track! :)

Trying to live a good life on little money :T
  • meg72
    meg72 Posts: 5,164 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post I've been Money Tipped!
    Have to make some bread and scones today as my DGD made her very first batch of strawberry Jam, she bought me a jar yesterday.

Its lovely and only homemade bread or scone is going to do it justice:rotfl:
    Slimming World at target
  • Mrs-s_4
    Mrs-s_4 Posts: 87 Forumite
    Mr T shop £41.65 not including the present for ds1 I got in there. Should've been £79 something before offers and the £20 off voucher I had so pretty pleased with that! Includes 9 bottles of coke and bagful of bits for lunch boxes I'm hiding ready for September. And a few things that will make meals for next week too.
    Will update sig with current total - £146.21 left and 24 days left!
    January Grocery challenge - £165.31/£350
  • girlatplay
    girlatplay Posts: 3,883 Forumite
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    £12.76 in the fruit & veg shop today and I have big plans for it. I have made a list of the things I am "home making" this week. As long as I am careful in the supermarket I should come in nicely under budget for this week.
    Mortgage at 12/07/2022 = £175,000
    Mortgage today = £166,457.86
    300 282 payments to go.
    House buyout fund £3,261.67/£40,000
    Random Pick Fridays = £80.01
  • WantToBeSE
    WantToBeSE Posts: 7,729 Forumite
    I've been Money Tipped! Debt-free and Proud!
    Not buying anything today, as i actually cant! Bank is at -£8.90, despite the fact that i dont have an OD :(
    NEED tax credits to be processed, and to get my 1st wage from my new job. Haven't been this dire in a while now, but it's to be expected when waiting between being unemployed and getting a new job.

Instead, we are baking Nigella Christmas cookies today..they are just plain choc biscuits.
  • sheeppappar
    sheeppappar Posts: 252 Forumite
    He he! just noticed the August GC has a mention on the weekly MSE email!
    Fame at last :)
    CC1 £7,944.10
    CC2 £2,680.03
    CC3 £1,020.88
  • lizalloareds
    lizalloareds Posts: 1,838 Forumite
    spends today £2.25

74p Lid*
    94p Ald*
    57p Mr T
    September GC 30th aug-4th Oct £332.74/£375 NSD 3
    Gc Jan £234.85/200 :(Feb £298.92/280:(March £298.42/£280:( April £270.49/280:) May Gc £351.08/£350 June £300.06/280 July £256.15/£240
    Aug £318.74/£280
  • joedenise
    joedenise Posts: 16,560 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary
    Has been a NSD for me today. Will be doing a weekly shop tomorrow, hoping it won't be too expensive as already have quite a lot in freezer and cupboards which I need for the coming week.

Denise
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport