When my sisters.....

Options
.....were about 12/13, their favourite hobby was to go on the internet and find Christian websites. They would then join and start posting 'I love the devil' and 'Jesus sucked ****', they would then sit back and await the uproar that they had created.
They were kids, but for some reason I am strongly reminded of their actions by the recent posts on this board.
Some people really need to grow up and learn respect.
:starmod: I am not that savage :heartpuls But I am a Vixen :staradmin

Comments

• Jennie_2
    Jennie_2 Posts: 2,122 Forumite
    Options
    ........and as grown ups we know better. Or so you would think.

I must say I find it very hostile, unkind and darn right unfriendly to start a thread with a members name and then pull him/her to shreds.

A recent thread just like this has resulted in the named member no longer wishing to partcipate in this forum.

Whether everyone liked him or not is irrelevant. To those who didn't I am sure you would claim it as a victory. To those who did, they will now miss his contribution and efforts.

So... those of you who drove him away. Are you proud of yourselves?

Different points of view and clashes of opinion are inevitable and "fallings out" will occur. However, to start a thread to "bash" someone and single them out for criticism is nothing short of wicked.

There are many different boards on this wonderful forum and some great people who make wonderful contributions.

If someone makes you that unhappy or angry then leave the thread!!! We are all supposed to be adults here!
    :dance:Sometimes I sing and dance around the house in my underwear. Doesn't make me Madonna. Never will. :dance:
  • Richard_S
    Richard_S Posts: 4,432 Forumite
    Options
    What thread are you referring to Jennie??
  • Jennie_2
    Jennie_2 Posts: 2,122 Forumite
    Options
    Tonight I mean the one about Alan D.....
    :dance:Sometimes I sing and dance around the house in my underwear. Doesn't make me Madonna. Never will. :dance:
  • southernscouser
    southernscouser Posts: 33,745 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    .....were about 12/13, their favourite hobby was to go on the internet and find Christian websites. They would then join and start posting 'I love the devil' and 'Jesus sucked ****', they would then sit back and await the uproar that they had created.
    They were kids, but for some reason I am strongly reminded of their actions by the recent posts on this board.
    Some people really need to grow up and learn respect.

I'm sorry but I found that really funny. :o

You don't know the names of any of these sites do you? :A ;)
  • Richard_S
    Richard_S Posts: 4,432 Forumite
    Options
    I'm sorry but I found that really funny. :o

You don't know the names of any of these sites do you? :A ;)

Careful SS,

You won't go to heaven you know :D
  • uther_2
    uther_2 Posts: 174 Forumite
    Options
    I found this site incredibly helpful when I was looking into Br.I will never understand the level of hostility I find here sometimes though.I was under the impression the site was here to help people (some of whom are very vulnerable) to get through a very stressful time in their lives.Personal attacks on other posters should never happen.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.8K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.3K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450K Spending & Discounts
  • 236K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.4K Life & Family
  • 248.6K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure