mortgage and endowments

Options
i have a mortgage for £58000,house worth £140000 and 2 endowments ending in 10 years paying £75 a month for both.no credit cards and a overdraft of £1400 which i am close to every week as i get paid weekly.
my fixed term is up at the end of the month and i am with skipton.i am looking for a fixed for 5 years with the lowest fees if any.would i be best getting an extra £14000 to clear my overdraft?

Comments

• EdInvestor
    EdInvestor Posts: 15,749 Forumite
    Options
    Post the following info on your endowments:

Providers
    Guaranteed sum assured
    Declared bonuses
    Surrender value
    Monthly premium
    Maturity date
    Maturity forecasts

Likely new interest rate on mortgage

It may be best for you to surrender one or both endowments and use the money to pay off your overdraft and reduce the mortgage amount, also using the endowment premiums to help pay the mortgage.

You could consider a new repayment mortgage, or another interest only one, and then overpay by the amount of the endowment premiums.

But let's see the details of the endowments first.You never know, you may be one of the minority of punters who don't have a dud ;):D
    Trying to keep it simple...;)
  • glen70
    glen70 Posts: 82 Forumite
    Options
    one from legal and generall seems to be doing ok.abbeylife (sunalliance ?) not doing as good.£40 in the first £32 in the second.if we surrender them we will lose all the bonuses ect which boost the final amount.dont know whats for best:confused:
  • JoeK_3
    JoeK_3 Posts: 1,374 Forumite
    Options
    glen70 wrote: »
    one from legal and generall seems to be doing ok.abbeylife (sunalliance ?) not doing as good.£40 in the first £32 in the second.if we surrender them we will lose all the bonuses ect which boost the final amount.dont know whats for best:confused:

See an Independent Financial Adviser (IFA)

JoeK
    I am an Independent Financial Adviser.
    Anything posted on this forum is for discussion purposes only. It should not be considered financial advice. Different people have different needs and what is right for one person may be different for another. If you feel an area discussed may be relevant to you, then please seek advice from an Independent Financial Adviser who can advise you after finding out more about your situation.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.7K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.3K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.9K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.5K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure