Friend owed money from employment

Options
Hi I have a friend who has stupidly continued to work for a company who has taken him for a ride. They owe him in excess of £600 in wages. He was being bullied and so has now left. He wasnt getting his legal breaks. Where does he stand from a legal standpoint with regards getting his wages?
Thanks to all competitions posters and answer finders
:T
Don't squander time its the stuff lives are made of
:rotfl::rotfl::rotfl::rotfl::rotfl:

Comments

• harrys_dad
    harrys_dad Posts: 1,997 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    He needs to send them a letter asking for unpaid wages, detailing when he worked, rate of pay, and what he has not been paid for. He also needs to ask for accrued holiday pay. He should probably set a deadline, say two weeks, then he will need to take further action. I would send it rcorded delivery, and possibly hand deliver a copy too.
  • fld14
    fld14 Posts: 463 Forumite
    First Anniversary
    Options
    harrys_dad wrote: »
    He needs to send them a letter asking for unpaid wages, detailing when he worked, rate of pay, and what he has not been paid for. He also needs to ask for accrued holiday pay. He should probably set a deadline, say two weeks, then he will need to take further action. I would send it rcorded delivery, and possibly hand deliver a copy too.

Thanks the problem is that he's young and they kept the time sheets so he only has a rough idea of what he's owed. Is there any legal route he should go down?
  • harrys_dad
    harrys_dad Posts: 1,997 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Well put the letter together as best he can, make sure he claims for at least as many hours as he thinks he ahs worked, If they dispute the hours they will have to produce the time sheets won't they :)

If they do not pay he can claim through an Employment Tribunal, but there is a time limit of 90 days less one day for making a claim, hence the need for a deadline.

CAB can also help.
  • fld14
    fld14 Posts: 463 Forumite
    First Anniversary
    Options
    harrys_dad wrote: »
    Well put the letter together as best he can, make sure he claims for at least as many hours as he thinks he ahs worked, If they dispute the hours they will have to produce the time sheets won't they :)

If they do not pay he can claim through an Employment Tribunal, but there is a time limit of 90 days less one day for making a claim, hence the need for a deadline.

CAB can also help.
    Thanks for that. I did mention the CAB but I dont know if he's been yet. We will give that a go. Thanks a lot:T
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business