PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

White Polo Shirts

Options
My son's white polo shirts for school are looking very stained and dull is there anything that will brighten them and get rid of the stains so I don't have to go out and buy new ones just for 1 term???

Many Thanks

Comments

• emmie1234
    emmie1234 Posts: 237 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Hi Loopylass I had this problem a few weeks back, I put my daughters in the washing machine and threw a cup full of soda crystals in the drum with them. Used washing powder in the drawer too, and did them on a boil wash. They came out gleaming white.

My sister in law on occasion has put them all in the bath with a tiny amount of bleach in the water and left them to soak overnight and that has worked too.

You can also buy some stuff I think it's called ACDO GLO White. I bought this years ago for my nets and it was amazing. I haven't seen it about recently though. Someone on here may know if you can still buy it, but that would work quite well too, if you can maange to get the stains out first.

HTH

Em X
    Marriages are made in heaven, but then again so is thunder and lightning!!!.....getting divorced lol :j

:rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:
    Trying to "up" my income and rookie oldstyler
  • Spendless
    Spendless Posts: 24,174 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    I bought Glo white from Tescos about a week ago (can't remember the price-a couple of £s-I think). You put it in the drum with the wash. That combined with a hot wash has got them wearable again.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure