Not sure what to do

Options
Hi
I was made redundant at the end of December last year but was lucky to get another job to start in the new year.
I know i was lucky to get a job, but i really cannot stand it.
I hate going in every day knowing that i'm not going have enough work to get me through to dinner time never mind to finish time. I'm also sat on my own, so have very little to do with other staff and feel totally alone.
I did think the job was only going to be for a few months and that i would be leaving to work with a former collegue in their new business, but this has not worked out.
I'm feeling really stuck now and not sure what i should do.
I have spoken to a few people who say i should stay, i'm getting paid to do very little and can spend most of the day on the internet or playing games, but i am just so fed up of it (it was ok to start with, but now its just boring). Part of me just wants to quit and chance finding something else, but i know its going to be a struggle.
I guess i would just like to hear from other people what they would do it the same situation. I know at the end of the day to decision is mine and need to make my own mind up.
Thanks for reading. :)

Comments

• ~Beanie~
    ~Beanie~ Posts: 3,043 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    Options
    I know exactly how you feel as my last job was the same. I was in a tiny office with no windows and the door had to be kept shut, I had no-one to talk to and not a great deal of work to do. It was soooo boring, I struggled to keep my eyes open some afternoons.

I think all you can do is spend all that spare time looking for another job! I escaped eventually but it took 18 months to get a job I really wanted. I only stuck it out because I needed the money. The person that replaced me walked out after 3 months!
    :p
  • HooBoo
    HooBoo Posts: 7 Forumite
    Options
    Thanks for replying. Its nice to know that it worked out for you in the end and that i'm not just been daft thinking about leaving.
    I've been looking at jobs for the past few days but nothing is jumping out at me! Not really sure what i want to do anoymore work wise.
    I'd set my heart on working for my ex-collegue and gutted that its not worked out.
  • Savvy_Sue
    Savvy_Sue Posts: 46,024 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    So, why are you so quiet? Is there nothing you could do for someone else? Have you discussed with your manager that it's really difficult to keep going?

I do understand the predicament: I once re-filed all the vehicle accident reports for the last couple of years, after re-punching the holes completely aligned and putting re-inforcers on the ones where the new holes were too close to the old ones ...

But in other places I've been able to help out with other duties.

Can you improve your skills with office while you're there? There are online tutorials etc.

And yes, job hunting and CV writing!!! Even if you can't print it there, get searching.
    Signature removed for peace of mind
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport