PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

Lentils/pulses

Options
sorry i did try and post this on the quick questions on anything thread but it wouldnt let me for some reason:confused:

i have never cooked with lentils before (ducks head in shame) or pulses really (apart from pearl barley)

i have a bag of orange lentils here and would like some ideas or how do i cook them to pad out with mince:o

the saturday market has a stall which sells all sorts of dried beans pulses etc but i have yet to buy as i just have not a clue what to do with any of them

sorry to ask such a stupid question looking forward to hearing some quick and easy ideas, im loving my home cooking, the boys are getting used to it so id like to try some new ingredents/ideas (just not too time consuming please)
DFW nerd club number 039 :p 'Proud To Be Dealing With My Debts' :money: i will be debt free aug 2010

2008 live on 4k +cb £6,247.98/£6282.80 :T
sealed pot 2670g
2009 target £4k + cb £643.89:eek: /£6412.80
Failed to load the poll.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills