Trying to find out how much I will get paid after tax

Hello there,

I rang my old employer today asking how much money I would be getting paid. My manager said before tax I will get £809. I am just wondering is there a program or a site that will tell me how much tax I will pay on that. I am on the normal tax code which is 944L or something like that.

I have been online already and all of them ask me how much I earn in the year. The doesn't apply for me because I am only getting £809 in for one month not all the time. I am confused and any help would be great.

Thanks in advance!

Comments

• agrinnall
    agrinnall Posts: 23,344 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker
    Not really got a lot to go on, but if the £809 is (for example) your gross monthly pay for May, then that equates to an annual salary of £9708, on which you would pay £53.60 tax and £234.36 NI, so for 1 month you'd pay £4.47 and £19.53, leaving you net pay of £785.00. The NI is likely to be the same whatever your previous earnings were, as that is just calculated on the pay in the period, but if you'd earned less in April then you may not pay any tax at all this month.

But to get a more certain answer you'd need to tell us when the £809 is going to be paid and what previous earnings you have had in the current tax year.
  • http://lmgtfy.com/?q=uk+salary+tax+calculator :eek:

Pick any of the top 2/3 links.
    Thinking critically since 1996....
  • DEBT FREE AT LAST!
    Virtual Sealed Pot Challenge 2014 - Member 161
    Single Pot 1 Total:£23.32
    Joint Account Pot Total:£6.67
  • I am getting paid on the 31st May 2013. I have only earned £45 this tax year. That was in mid April. Hope this helps. Thank you anyway.
  • Tixy
    Tixy Posts: 31,455 Forumite
    Assuming your employer has you on the correct cumulative tax code (so 944L, not 944L week 1 month 1), then if you have only earned £45 so far this year you would pay no tax on your earnings of £809 this month.
    But you will still pay national insurance, at approx £20 for the month. So your net pay after tax would be around £789.
    A smile enriches those who receive without making poorer those who give
    or "It costs nowt to be nice"
  • BrookesAndrew
    BrookesAndrew Posts: 340 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    I got £789 so thank you everybody. Thanks to Tixy as well because you got it right and thats how much I was expecting

Once again thank you everybody, really did help me out.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure