We’d like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum.
This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are – or become – political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.
📨 Have you signed up to the Forum's new Email Digest yet? Get a selection of trending threads sent straight to your inbox daily, weekly or monthly!
Will I get a Mortgage?
larkic07
Posts: 1 Newbie
Im looking for some information please! We are first time buyers, looking to borrow approx £130,000! The problem I have is this: I have 1 default on my
credit history from 4 years ago and the balance is satisfied. I recently applied for an experian report to check everything before we go ahead with the application. However, ive now discovered I have another default from 4 years ago with an outstanding balance. I didnt know about this until now, the balance is £231.09. I have taken advice from trading standards who have advised me I should fight this and have it removed, but it could take
months.
Should I settle the balance and take the hit, and if I do would my application
be successful, or should I hold off and fight it then apply for a mortgage, I dont want our credit to suffer further by taking another hit! My partner has a perfect credit history, she cores 908 with experian whilst im 674!
Any information you can give would be greatly appreciated
credit history from 4 years ago and the balance is satisfied. I recently applied for an experian report to check everything before we go ahead with the application. However, ive now discovered I have another default from 4 years ago with an outstanding balance. I didnt know about this until now, the balance is £231.09. I have taken advice from trading standards who have advised me I should fight this and have it removed, but it could take
months.
Should I settle the balance and take the hit, and if I do would my application
be successful, or should I hold off and fight it then apply for a mortgage, I dont want our credit to suffer further by taking another hit! My partner has a perfect credit history, she cores 908 with experian whilst im 674!
Any information you can give would be greatly appreciated
0
Comments
-
Im looking for some information please! We are first time buyers, looking to borrow approx £130,000! The problem I have is this: I have 1 default on my
credit history from 4 years ago and the balance is satisfied. I recently applied for an experian report to check everything before we go ahead with the application. However, ive now discovered I have another default from 4 years ago with an outstanding balance. I didnt know about this until now, the balance is £231.09. I have taken advice from trading standards who have advised me I should fight this and have it removed, but it could take
months.
Should I settle the balance and take the hit, and if I do would my application
be successful, or should I hold off and fight it then apply for a mortgage, I dont want our credit to suffer further by taking another hit! My partner has a perfect credit history, she cores 908 with experian whilst im 674!
Any information you can give would be greatly appreciated
You can still get a mortgage - you may even be able to get a decent high street rate as long as the first default isn't over a few thousand - My wife and I recently got approved for a high street lender she has 1 default from about 4 yrs ago for £2500 settled. I would go and see an idependant mortgage advisor and tell them everything they will point you in the right direction.0
This discussion has been closed.
Confirm your email address to Create Threads and Reply
Categories
- All Categories
- 355.6K Banking & Borrowing
- 254.8K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
- 456.1K Spending & Discounts
- 248.2K Work, Benefits & Business
- 605.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
- 179K Life & Family
- 263.5K Travel & Transport
- 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
- 16.1K Discuss & Feedback
- 37.7K Read-Only Boards