selling mobiles online

hello. I'm new here and wonder if someone can help me?
I'm thinking about starting my own small business selling mobile phone I have had a look at wholesalers to give me some stock. but I don't know where I could find say a pack of mobiles I could sell online? . and I wondering how much profit I will make once I start selling mobile phone online . if someone can help or guide me on what to do as I don't know where to start at the moment and I would be grateful if you could give me advice on this. thanks :)

Comments

• Natb8886
    Natb8886 Posts: 30 Forumite
    To be honest, if you are just doing this small scale you aren't going to be able to compete with the big retailers. They buy in huge bulk and can afford to offer concessions. You also wouldn't be able to sell contracts unless you did some deal with the networks to offer them, so you would be left to sell sim free handsets at quite high prices. Unless you cornered a niche market, like importing weird japanese phones or something. To be honest I think it will be quite difficult to get into the actual retail of phones (should have got on it in the 80s lol), but you could start by selling phone accessories and once you build up enough capital you could move over to phones. that is probably what I would do
  • soolin
    soolin Posts: 72,184 Ambassador
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    I agree with Natb8886, the networks sell mobiles as the money is to be made on top ups and contracts, you would not be able to compete with the prices if they are using good models as loss leaders.
    I’m a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on the eBay, Auctions, Car Boot & Jumble Sales, Boost Your Income, Praise, Vents & Warnings, Overseas Holidays & Travel Planning , UK Holidays, Days Out & Entertainments boards. If you need any help on these boards, do let me know.. Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any posts you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button, or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com.All views are my own and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure