PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

Orange juice on cream carpet...........Help!

Options
I have just spoken to my aunt, one of her grandchildren has spilt a beaker of orange juice on her carpet. (the diluted orange juice)
She has tried several things to get the stain out but it hasnt worked.
Has anyone got any suggestions?

TIA

Squibbs
My beloved dog Molly
27/05/1997-01/04/2008
RIP my wonderful stepdad - miss you loads
:Axxxxxxxxx:A
our new editions
Senna :male: and Dali :female: both JRT

Comments

• Nile
    Nile Posts: 14,930 Ambassador
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Hello squibbs25

I've just had a look at the 'Old Style' board's Indexed Collections but couldn't spot a thread for cleaning an orange juice stain in a carpet.

I'll move your thread across to the 'Old Style' board where the cleaning experts will see it.

Hi, Martin’s asked me to post this in these circumstances: I’ve asked Board Guides to move threads if they’ll receive a better response elsewhere(please see this rule) so this post/thread has been moved to another board, where it should get more replies. If you have any questions about this policy please email [EMAIL="abuse@moneysavingexpert.com"]abuse@moneysavingexpert.com[/EMAIL].

Regards

Nile
    I’m a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on the 'I wanna' and 'In my home' and Health & Beauty'' boards.If you need any help on these boards, do let me know. Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any posts you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button, or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com.All views are my own and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.10 Dec 2007 - Led Zeppelin - I was there. :j :cool2: I wear my 50 (gold/red/white) blood donations pin badge with pride. Give blood, save a life.
  • Avoriaz
    Avoriaz Posts: 39,110 Forumite
    Options
    The key is to act quickly before the stain dries.

Use plenty of water.

Pour water on the area and mop up with towels.

Repeat a few times.
  • Robothell
    Robothell Posts: 494 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    STARDROPS!!!! Or the white version of stardrops with ammonia in it might be a better bet.

If you don't know, stardrops is a wonder product that cleans absolutely everything and is about 75p a bottle at the very most. I put a dilute solution in my carpet shampoo-er instead of the expensive carpet shampoos and my carpets have never been cleaner!
    Life in this world is, as it were, a sojourn in a cave. What can we know of reality? For all we can see of the true nature of existence is, shall we say, no more than bewildering and amusing shadows cast upon the inner wall of the cave by the unseen blinding light of absolute truth, from which we may or may not deduce some glimmer of veracity, and we as troglodyte seekers of wisdom can only lift our voices to the unseen and say humbly "Go on, do deformed rabbit again.....it's my favourite". © Terry Pratchett in "Small Gods"

Founder member of the Barry Scott Appreciation Society
  • squibbs25
    squibbs25 Posts: 1,324 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    I never thought of Stardrops! :T
    I will be seeing her today as she is comng to visit. I will show her the bottle as i have some in the cupboard.

Thank you.

Squibbs
    My beloved dog Molly
    27/05/1997-01/04/2008
    RIP my wonderful stepdad - miss you loads
    :Axxxxxxxxx:A
    our new editions
    Senna :male: and Dali :female: both JRT
  • Gingernutmeg
    Gingernutmeg Posts: 3,454 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    I swear by the 1001 carpet cleaner in the yellow spray bottle - it's not very OS but it really does work, and living in a rented flat I'm paranoid about stains on the carpet! I'd be really careful about using an ammonia based product on your carpet as it might bleach it ... it might be a good idea to carry out a patch test somewhere inconspicuous first :)
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.8K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.3K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.9K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.4K Life & Family
  • 248.5K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure