2»

Comments

• Clive_Woody
    Clive_Woody Posts: 5,856 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Photogenic First Post
    Options
    ukjoel wrote: »
    Erm - Chainsaw???
    My thoughts exactly. If I came home and somebody had stuck a ruddy great big pole in the middle of my front lawn I would be out there chopping firewood.

:D
    "We act as though comfort and luxury are the chief requirements of life, when all that we need to make us happy is something to be enthusiastic about” – Albert Einstein
  • lookoutapiano_2
    Options
    Hi,

We have two poles in our garden. One supplies our house and also other houses on the street and the second does not supply our house but connects to the first pole and to another property. I was just wondering does anyone know anything about what our rent entitlement would be? And how do we go about claiming this?

Cheers
  • phallett
    Options
    Hi,

We have two poles in our garden. One supplies our house and also other houses on the street and the second does not supply our house but connects to the first pole and to another property. I was just wondering does anyone know anything about what our rent entitlement would be? And how do we go about claiming this?

Cheers

I have just bought a house with a pole in it. Sent the deeds off to Mr. Charge a lot who advises me that if the previous owner took a lump sum payment for the pole being in his garden (£145), they have the right to access for ever and a day. The amount they pay is £9.40 a year rental. I have informed them that I am old and need to use a chainsaw in it's area and that if an accident happened, it wasn't my fault.

They said something along the lines of if he didn't file the paperwork properly it's your fault for not getting it's discolsure from the solicitors. I have said if the right of access is not on my deeds, they will not have access to my land, in any way shape or form and that includes if it falls into the street. I am wondering if it fell over whether or not I would be insured.

wan quers of the highest order BT. Arrogant beyond belief.
  • zenseeker
    zenseeker Posts: 4,550 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    My thoughts exactly. If I came home and somebody had stuck a ruddy great big pole in the middle of my front lawn I would be out there chopping firewood.

:D

And then you would quickly find yourself in court for criminal damage. Sadly, despite the trespass issues, if you took matters into your own hands and damaged the pole, you would be seen as in the wrong by the courts and handed a bill for thousands of pounds.
    We have removed your signature - please contact the forum team if you are not sure why - Forum Team
  • dmg24
    dmg24 Posts: 33,925 Forumite
    Options
    phallett wrote: »
    I have just bought a house with a pole in it. Sent the deeds off to Mr. Charge a lot who advises me that if the previous owner took a lump sum payment for the pole being in his garden (£145), they have the right to access for ever and a day. The amount they pay is £9.40 a year rental. I have informed them that I am old and need to use a chainsaw in it's area and that if an accident happened, it wasn't my fault.

They said something along the lines of if he didn't file the paperwork properly it's your fault for not getting it's discolsure from the solicitors. I have said if the right of access is not on my deeds, they will not have access to my land, in any way shape or form and that includes if it falls into the street. I am wondering if it fell over whether or not I would be insured.

wan quers of the highest order BT. Arrogant beyond belief.

BT are correct (and please refrain from using such language), you need to contact your solicitor if you have a problem with this.

Did you not spot that they were on the land prior to completion? :confused:

(Why is this thread on this board?)
    Gone ... or have I?
  • Woby_Tide
    Woby_Tide Posts: 5,344 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    Options
    dmg24 wrote: »
    (Why is this thread on this board?)

Because it's 5 years old, back then you could put your feet up on the chairs and everything
  • BMW51K
    BMW51K Posts: 17 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    Call 08009177381 - option 6, and ask them about the position of the pole and for it to be moved. They'll handle the matter.
  • quietheart
    quietheart Posts: 1,875 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    BMW51K wrote: »
    Call 08009177381 - option 6, and ask them about the position of the pole and for it to be moved. They'll handle the matter.

I did that last year and they sent a standard letter saying it would cost thousands.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 12 Election 2024: The MSE Leaders' Debate
  • 344K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.4K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450.1K Spending & Discounts
  • 236.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609.5K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.5K Life & Family
  • 248.8K Travel & Transport