Metal gates in Belfast

edited 30 November -1 at 1:00AM in N. Ireland
3 replies 1K views
harpo1harpo1 Forumite
161 Posts
Part of the Furniture 100 Posts Combo Breaker
edited 30 November -1 at 1:00AM in N. Ireland
Hi all , just looking for a recommendation for some metal gates that I will be needing when we get a dog. Any one have a good tradesman / company experience in the Belfast area? Need 2 side gates probably about 6' by 30 inches & a small top of the stairs job. Would have liked wood, but when we had wooden gates before they caught the wind & banged most awfully , thank you

Replies

• Hi. I can recommend Barry on 07803 753266. Unfortunately I cant remember his business name. He's from Jordanstown and works frequently in Belfast. I got his details from my dad - he'd made gates for the drive for him

He fitted a side gate for me a couple of years back and the quality is superb. I had a little issue about a month back when one of the brackets got a little loose (no fault of the gate or the fitting, rather the cement on the wall that it was fitted to was loose) and he came out, fixed it and didnt charge a penny even though the fault was not his - his response was "I couldnt leave a job like that"

There may be cheaper options out there, but I doubt there'll be better.

Hope this helps
  • forgot to say, we use a child gate on the stairs for the dog although we have it on the bottom rung as we thought it would be safer
  • harpo1harpo1 Forumite
    161 Posts
    Part of the Furniture 100 Posts Combo Breaker
    Thanks stevieboy. Really appreciate the info will look him up.:j
This discussion has been closed.
Latest News and Guides