Childcare Costs

edited 30 November -1 at 1:00AM in N. Ireland
6 replies 857 views
Alanspa_2Alanspa_2 Forumite
1 Post
edited 30 November -1 at 1:00AM in N. Ireland
I was wondering what people pay towards child care costs - for one child 5 days a week? From what I have found out so far it seems £150 per week is common. Is that a reasonable going rate?

Replies

• edited 23 May 2013 at 11:54PM
    dsabdsab Forumite
    325 Posts
    Part of the Furniture 100 Posts
    ✭✭
    edited 23 May 2013 at 11:54PM
    Alanspa wrote: »
    I was wondering what people pay towards child care costs - for one child 5 days a week? From what I have found out so far it seems £150 per week is common. Is that a reasonable going rate?

We pay approx. £185 a week for the creche, i.e around £37 per day from 8.30am to 5.00pm. South Down Area, btw.
  • BOBSBOBS Forumite
    2.9K Posts
    ✭✭✭✭
    Depends where you are - large towns etc more expensive than smaller and more rural areas. Prices also differ between nursery setting and home childminder settings depending on what kind of environment you choose. I am a registered childminder and charge £3 per hour for full timers. I do know that minders in larger towns charge £4 and upwards per hour.
    HTH
    [FONT=verdana,arial,helvetica][/FONT]
  • RealEricRealEric Forumite
    14 Posts
    Certainly for a full time nursery place in South Antrim that's pretty close. Going rate in the nursery we use is £28 per day for a full day.
  • wifeforlifewifeforlife Forumite
    2.7K Posts
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Photogenic
    ✭✭✭✭
    £125 per child full time, it's hourly for part time in our nursery.
  • thetopethetope Forumite
    896 Posts
    Part of the Furniture 500 Posts Combo Breaker
    ✭✭✭
    £40 a day full time (nursery) 07:30 to 17:00 including 3 meals. Thank goodness for tax credits!
  • mysk_girlmysk_girl Forumite
    793 Posts
    Tenth Anniversary Combo Breaker
    ✭✭✭
    I pay £4/hr per child, this includes breakfast and a cold lunch. If I want hot lunch or they stay for tea (mine only do on very rare occasions) there is £1 extra to pay. I have to supply nappies and formula for the baby on top, plus any food that isn't what the older ones eat (ie if she's still having pur!e etc, which she isn't anymore)
This discussion has been closed.
Latest News and Guides