Bristol - Carboot this weekend?

edited 30 November -1 at 1:00AM in England
5 replies 2.3K views
hanbhanb Forumite
464 Posts
edited 30 November -1 at 1:00AM in England
Hello all :wave:

I've posted about carboots before but it was a long time ago and I know that there are new ones and some that don't exist before so I hope you don't mind me posting again.

I'm hoping to sell a whole load of stuff this weekend and wondered if there were any places better than others? A friend went to Clifton carboot last weekend and said it was really good but she's the only person I know that's done one so thought you guys might know better? I live near Clifton so it would be really handy in that respect but I'd travel a bit further if it meant I'd make more money :D

Also, I see the Clifton one says every sunday and BH Mondays - i don't know whether a) if it's on the Monday it's on the Sunday too? and b) which day would be busier?:o

Any advice welcome!

Replies

• Savvy_SueSavvy_Sue Forumite
    43.4K Posts
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Name Dropper
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Where in Clifton? Didn't even know there was one there, so could be worth compiling a new list (I know there's an older thread, but doubt it's up to date!)
    Still knitting!
    Completed: TWO adult cardigans, 3 baby jumpers, 3 shawls, 1 sweat band, 3 pairs baby bootees, 2 sets of handwarmers, 1 Wise Man Knitivity figure + 1 sheep, 2 pairs socks, 3 balaclavas, multiple hats and poppies, 3 peony flowers, 4 butterflies ...
    Current projects: pink balaclava (for myself), seaman's hat, about to start another cardigan!
  • hanbhanb Forumite
    464 Posts
    Well - it's called Clifton carboot but it's actually opposite the lower entrance to Ashton Court so I'd personally say it was Ashton Vale or somewhere rather than Clifton.. It's advertised on Jack FM eveyr week which leads me to believe it'll be busy! Maybe I should go and have a look this weekend and sell next weekend if it seems good? Feel like a BH weekend is the time to get the most people though?
    43.4K Posts
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No idea if this one is any good, monthly, Saturday afternoon, Redland Green School - I find it tempting because I HATE getting up in the mornings!!!
    Still knitting!
    Completed: TWO adult cardigans, 3 baby jumpers, 3 shawls, 1 sweat band, 3 pairs baby bootees, 2 sets of handwarmers, 1 Wise Man Knitivity figure + 1 sheep, 2 pairs socks, 3 balaclavas, multiple hats and poppies, 3 peony flowers, 4 butterflies ...
    Current projects: pink balaclava (for myself), seaman's hat, about to start another cardigan!
  • hanbhanb Forumite
    464 Posts
    Ooo maybe I'll check out the June one!

Didn't make the carboot today.. couldn't be bothered to get out of bed after a (free!) evening at upfest yesterday :D put a load of stuff on ebay today instead. I WILL do one next weekend. I will, I wil!
    43.4K Posts
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Do report back, it would be good to get a more up to date list of car boots around Bristle than the old one ...
    Still knitting!
This discussion has been closed.
Latest MSE News and Guides

Students - apply for uni funding NOW

If you plan to get a place via 'clearing'

MSE News

A guide to council tax bands

Lower your band & save £1,000s

MSE Guides