Need a Samsung S3 repaired

edited 30 November -1 at 1:00AM in N. Ireland
7 replies 666 views
damianmcrdamianmcr Forumite
157 Posts
edited 30 November -1 at 1:00AM in N. Ireland
Anyone know anyone around the Belfast or Lisburn area that would fix a cracked screen on an S3.

If it helps the digitizer still works but I know alot of times they replace this for simplicity and it costs about £150.

Even if not in the above area let me know. A day trip somewhere maybe.

Replies

• if you google iphonebits they are in newtownabbey

sammy
  • saverbuyersaverbuyer Forumite
    2.6K Posts
    damianmcr wrote: »
    Anyone know anyone around the Belfast or Lisburn area that would fix a cracked screen on an S3.

If it helps the digitizer still works but I know alot of times they replace this for simplicity and it costs about £150.

Even if not in the above area let me know. A day trip somewhere maybe.

Are you sure about the cost. Usually the digitizer is the cheap part and the LCD is the expensive bit. The digitizer is the front glass bit that tracks your touch, the LCD is at the back. it's strange to have cracked the LCD and not the digitizer. £150 for a digitizer is scary.
  • damianmcrdamianmcr Forumite
    157 Posts
    Sorry I think im just broke the glass over the LCD. I seen the actual component I need on Amazon is priced at £14.

But the actual process of changing requires a few tools and likely a good bit of time compared to a simple screen change.

Cheers for that Sammy. I see they charge £70. That might be the best around so will go for that one next week.
    2.6K Posts
    Sorry I think im just broke the glass over the LCD. I seen the actual component I need on Amazon is priced at £14.

But the actual process of changing requires a few tools and likely a good bit of time compared to a simple screen change.

Cheers for that Sammy. I see they charge £70. That might be the best around so will go for that one next week.

Who do you bank with? Some current accounts offer phone insurance.
    157 Posts
    Ive just a normal current account with Ulster Bank so im entitled to nothing.
    2.6K Posts
    Ive just a normal current account with Ulster Bank so im entitled to nothing.

Ah that's a shame, I mean you could have upgraded to their extra-benefit account with included mobile insurance and only had to pay a £30 excess for a new phone.

Some evil people would even do it now and report the phone damage after 30 days. I would never condone that.
    157 Posts
    Im glad to here that ;-)
This discussion has been closed.
Latest News and Guides