We’d like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum.

This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are – or become – political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.

📨 Have you signed up to the Forum's new Email Digest yet? Get a selection of trending threads sent straight to your inbox daily, weekly or monthly!

Additional Borrowing?

Now I have never had to do this before, so I am not sure what is the best option to go for. Is it better to borrow additional money to do renovations on your home with your mortgage, or should it be done via a personal loan.

We have a very good credit history, so I know that wouldn't affect us, its just Martin says not to borrow money against your home, which this obviously would be.

I have looked into the rates and I cannot find a personal loan to borrow £20K, below the 5.68% my building society are offering me.

So is it then better to borrow through my mortgage?:confused:
I had a plan..........its here somewhere.
This discussion has been closed.
★ ★ ★ Meet your Ambassadors

🚀 Getting Started

Hi new member!

Our Getting Started Guide will help you get the most out of the Forum

Categories

  • All Categories
  • 355.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 254.8K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 456.1K Spending & Discounts
  • 248.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 605.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 179K Life & Family
  • 263.5K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 16.1K Discuss & Feedback
  • 37.7K Read-Only Boards

Is this how you want to be seen?

We see you are using a default avatar. It takes only a few seconds to pick a picture.