We’d like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum.
This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are – or become – political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.
📨 Have you signed up to the Forum's new Email Digest yet? Get a selection of trending threads sent straight to your inbox daily, weekly or monthly!
Re Mortgage Advise
lpcbangbang
Posts: 1 Newbie
Hi, I currently have a 59K repayment mortgage with Nottingham Building Society and with the recent BOE base rate increase, my monthly mortgage with Nottingham BC has also increased. They are charging me a rate currently of 7.540%. I have a further 20 years to run on this 59K. I have written to them approx 6 months ago using the template on your website explaining/asking if they could offer a better/more competiitive rate. They did not seem interested in keeping my business and offered me a cancellation form. (So much for loyalty). I have been with them approx 7 years and I am not tied in with them at all.
My question is should I be now looking for a better repayment mortgage than I currently have, if so please could you point me in the best area to start looking. Could you advise me on who currently is giving the best deals for a straight forward repayment mortgage or cash back mortgage.
Thanks
Mr Cooper
My question is should I be now looking for a better repayment mortgage than I currently have, if so please could you point me in the best area to start looking. Could you advise me on who currently is giving the best deals for a straight forward repayment mortgage or cash back mortgage.
Thanks
Mr Cooper
0
Comments
-
7.54% - what on earth has made you stay with the NBS if they can't offer any better, and there are no penalties for moving your mortgage elsewhere?
Use google to seach for 'mortgages' - you'll find more websites than you can shake a stick at."You were only supposed to blow the bl**dy doors off!!"0
This discussion has been closed.
Confirm your email address to Create Threads and Reply
Categories
- All Categories
- 355.6K Banking & Borrowing
- 254.8K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
- 456.1K Spending & Discounts
- 248.2K Work, Benefits & Business
- 605.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
- 179K Life & Family
- 263.5K Travel & Transport
- 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
- 16.1K Discuss & Feedback
- 37.7K Read-Only Boards