We’d like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum.
This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are – or become – political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.
📨 Have you signed up to the Forum's new Email Digest yet? Get a selection of trending threads sent straight to your inbox daily, weekly or monthly!
First Time Buyer Help Wanted
GILL635
Posts: 382 Forumite
Hi All,
Just wanted dome help. I am about to buy my first property, and I have a mortgage in place with HSBC, however I am not sure this is the best mortgage out there at the minute.
I was wondering if anyone knew of any websites, where I can apply for mortgage in principle's with other lenders, without ruining my offer from HSBC.
Hope I'm making some sense here, if not let me know. Help ASAP is needed please, as I am sorting out the solicitor now !
Thanks in Advance,
Gill xx
Just wanted dome help. I am about to buy my first property, and I have a mortgage in place with HSBC, however I am not sure this is the best mortgage out there at the minute.
I was wondering if anyone knew of any websites, where I can apply for mortgage in principle's with other lenders, without ruining my offer from HSBC.
Hope I'm making some sense here, if not let me know. Help ASAP is needed please, as I am sorting out the solicitor now !
Thanks in Advance,
Gill xx
0
Comments
-
Hi Gill
I would tread very carefully in getting agreements in principle with lenders off your own back. Too mant agreements in principle (which means multiple credit searches) could harm your mortgage application.
Ideally you would only apply for an agreement in principle for a mortgage once you have decided that it is the right deal for you. If you are confident enough to do that then there are some comparison sites you can look at, otherwise you should go via a whole of market broker and let them do the leg work for you - but only apply for the agreement on the deal that you like the look of.
HTHI am a Mortgage AdviserYou should note that this site doesn't check my status as a Mortgage Adviser, so you need to take my word for it. This signature is here as I follow MSE's Mortgage Adviser Code of Conduct. Any posts on here are for information and discussion purposes only and shouldn't be seen as financial advice.0
This discussion has been closed.
Confirm your email address to Create Threads and Reply
Categories
- All Categories
- 355.6K Banking & Borrowing
- 254.8K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
- 456.1K Spending & Discounts
- 248.2K Work, Benefits & Business
- 605.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
- 179K Life & Family
- 263.5K Travel & Transport
- 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
- 16.1K Discuss & Feedback
- 37.7K Read-Only Boards