We’d like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum.
This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are – or become – political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.
📨 Have you signed up to the Forum's new Email Digest yet? Get a selection of trending threads sent straight to your inbox daily, weekly or monthly!
help pls
jimthebin
Posts: 7 Forumite
Hello all
My name is Jim I am 27 years old married with 2 small children both under 2,
I have a £150 k mortgage and the odd bit of spare cash after paying off the important things and a few minor luxuries (max £200 month).
Apart from the mortgage I have no other debts and have 4K in ISAs
I have no pension and therefore no provision for the future any suggestions???
Regards
Jim
My name is Jim I am 27 years old married with 2 small children both under 2,
I have a £150 k mortgage and the odd bit of spare cash after paying off the important things and a few minor luxuries (max £200 month).
Apart from the mortgage I have no other debts and have 4K in ISAs
I have no pension and therefore no provision for the future any suggestions???
Regards
Jim
0
Comments
-
if your emplyer offers apension scheme and they contribute as well then its probably worth joining.
if they dont contribute then its really a choice between setting up your own pension or saving in an ISA stocks and shares. Personally, with the constantly changing pension rules and the various scandals I would favour the sacing in share ISA.EU tariff on agricultual product 12.2%
some dairy products 42.1% cloths 11.4%
EU Clinical Trials Directive stops medical advances0 -
You may like to check your entitlement (and that of your wife) to the 2 state pensions.
Get a forecast here:
https://www.thepensionservice.gov.uk
At current high interest rates, overpaying the mortgage may be quite attractive.Trying to keep it simple...
0 -
thanks for that
my company doesn't provide a pension
jim0
This discussion has been closed.
Confirm your email address to Create Threads and Reply
Categories
- All Categories
- 355.6K Banking & Borrowing
- 254.8K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
- 456.1K Spending & Discounts
- 248.2K Work, Benefits & Business
- 605.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
- 179K Life & Family
- 263.5K Travel & Transport
- 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
- 16.1K Discuss & Feedback
- 37.7K Read-Only Boards