We'd like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum. This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are - or become - political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.

natwest loan

Options
hello everyone,
i am quite new to this site and i have a question about a personal loan i took out with natwest.
on the 17th of march 2007 i went to the bank after they rang me wishing to review my account, i already had a loan of with £5374.75 and £1525.25 of cc debt. whilst there i was advised to take out a loan of £6900 to put me back on track. i agreed and looking back can see how naive i was, isn't hindsight a wonderful thing.
the new loan total repayable is
£10900.80
(£2304 of which is ppi)
the apr is 9.4%
now i have £10719 left to pay over 5 years
monthly repayments of £181.61
(£143.28 loan repayments, £38.40 insurance)
is there anything i could do to save some money i.e. cancel ppi and search for a loan with a cheaper apr? and if there is, what costs and problems should i look out for?
thanks in advance
russ

Comments

• dollarjon
    dollarjon Posts: 124 Forumite
    Options
    Cancel the PPI, are you still in cooling off period? do you still have the funds? If so ask for a lower rate, ask if by joining advantage gold you can get a lower rate then if you do cancel the advantage gold account 2 months later, keeping the lower apr rate.
  • russellbarrett
    Options
    cooling off period is finished, funds paid off cc and the other loan. i joined advantage gold to get the lower rate. can i just cancel my advantage gold? how do i go about cancelling my ppi?
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 12 Election 2024: The MSE Leaders' Debate
  • 344.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.4K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450.1K Spending & Discounts
  • 236.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.6K Life & Family
  • 248.9K Travel & Transport