Moving house checklist

Options
I'm moving house on May 31 and wondering if there's anything I should bear in mind re comping?
I've got the mail redirection set up for 1 year.
Closing dates after May 31 are now in my new address.

Think I'm just going to change registered details as I go along as there must be 100's of sites with my details and would be there all week trying to remember them all.

Anything else?

Comments

• mumto2boys
    mumto2boys Posts: 7,993 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Does redirection cover couriers? Good luck with the move!
    StayHome * StaySafe * BeKind
  • Livewire
    Livewire Posts: 1,674 Forumite
    Options
    I'm moving in a few months hopefully and wandered how you get around redirecting couriers ? I don't think there is such an option or does anyone know?
    I smile because I have absolutely no idea what's going on
    :dance:
  • hertzyabazas
    hertzyabazas Posts: 33,390 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    Options
    mumto2boys wrote: »
    Does redirection cover couriers? Good luck with the move!

Unfortunately not
    I get on well with my neighbours and they've always been very good at taking in parcels for me so will have a word with them to let me know.
    Also going to leave a note for people moving into my house saying "some promo parcels may be delivered here for me, can you pass them on people below"
  • mumto2boys
    mumto2boys Posts: 7,993 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    That's a good idea, sounds like you have it all sorted :)
    StayHome * StaySafe * BeKind
  • TheMoneypit
    TheMoneypit Posts: 4,403 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    When I moved last year I unfortunately 'lost' part of a prize which was engraved wine glasses as they were sent by couriers to the old address. Nothing you I could do about it as it was a temp rented place and couriers left parcels in the cupboard by the door without knocking on a number of occasions.

I had a problem with my email address as I was with Virgin which didn't operate in the new area. I swiftly set up a gmail account so it didn't effect comping in the future but who knows what WEMS I missed out on during the change over.

I did win a phone last year which luckily the Company phoned the day before I moved to check my address so i was able to give them the new one. Thats the problem when they take so long to advise winners after enteries close.

Anyway happy moving.
    Prize fund 2024. £100 Prize Fund 2023 £109
  • ellemm
    ellemm Posts: 11,262 Forumite
    Home Insurance Hacker! Cashback Cashier
    Options
    Unfortunately not
    I get on well with my neighbours and they've always been very good at taking in parcels for me so will have a word with them to let me know.
    Also going to leave a note for people moving into my house saying "some promo parcels may be delivered here for me, can you pass them on people below"

In somewhat similar position. I am out of the country until September but have redirected mail to my daughter's address. Thought I had it all under control then remembered just how many deliveries are by courier :eek:
    Best I could do is ask my lovely neighbour to check for non delivery cards once a week when she is in watering my plants and if there are any to phone my daughter ;) who will collect.

I also have been putting my address as c/o daughter on all comps finishing while i am in Greece.

Am sure you will be OK :)
  • hamsterfan1
    hamsterfan1 Posts: 8,280 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    hope you'll be OK I've noticed the number of prizes being delivered by courier have dropped dramatically recently
    proud gran to 4 lovely boys and one little girl
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.4K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport