We'd like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum. This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are - or become - political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.

Staff Loan

Options
NightNurse
NightNurse Posts: 68 Forumite
I'm a member of staff at a bank and prior to joining the bank I obtained a joint mortgage with hubby. I'm wondering what are the chances of being granted this loan. Do banks typically credit check members of staff, given that I was already credit checked before being given the job. I obtained a mortgage with another bank after the employee screening with this bank but before my start date.

Hubby's credit rating is not good and as a result mine is affected. Prior to the joint mortgage we had separate unlinked financials and my credit rating was ace.

We have no debts other than the mortgage for which payments form approx 35% of our combined take home pay.

Any bank loan staff around to give me pointers, please? Are they likely to inform my line manager about my application?

Thanks

Comments

• Laurenbelle
    Laurenbelle Posts: 225 Forumite
    Options
    I work in the loan department for a bank and i know that even with staff members the application process is the same as for the general public, the only thing different is that we put down that it is for a staff member and APR's are automatically adjusted accordingly. HTH!
  • NightNurse
    NightNurse Posts: 68 Forumite
    Options
    Thank you. I've just checked my credit rating and it shows 930 out of 1000 which has been interpreted as 'Good' in spite of the financial association with hubby. I have 7 credit searches in the last 6 months, though - 5 relating to 2 mortgage applications and 2 relating to mail order searches. What do you think my chances are? I've been on the electoral roll for 4 years.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 344.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.4K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450.1K Spending & Discounts
  • 236.4K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.6K Life & Family
  • 249K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure