We’d like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum.
This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are – or become – political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.
📨 Have you signed up to the Forum's new Email Digest yet? Get a selection of trending threads sent straight to your inbox daily, weekly or monthly!
Halifax put me on variable rate
tin_cup_2
Posts: 16 Forumite
Hi
I recieved a letter from the Halifax telling me I'm on their variable rate from 1st June.
I've been with them a number of years and they usually call me every couple of years and offer me a tracker.
The last deal has come to an end and this time no offer is being made, I looked at their website and it appears they no longer want customers with balances of less than £75k (I owe 48k (8yrs left)house worth 180k my income 38k).
Not willing to be fleeced by Halifax I applied to IGN and was refused on a credit check, I've never defaulted in my life, but my wife has come to an arrangement with a couple of cc companys since she gave up work through illness so I guess that is the problem.
I was wondering? although the house is in joint names, could I get a mortgage in just my name?
Would this make a difference?
I recieved a letter from the Halifax telling me I'm on their variable rate from 1st June.
I've been with them a number of years and they usually call me every couple of years and offer me a tracker.
The last deal has come to an end and this time no offer is being made, I looked at their website and it appears they no longer want customers with balances of less than £75k (I owe 48k (8yrs left)house worth 180k my income 38k).
Not willing to be fleeced by Halifax I applied to IGN and was refused on a credit check, I've never defaulted in my life, but my wife has come to an arrangement with a couple of cc companys since she gave up work through illness so I guess that is the problem.
I was wondering? although the house is in joint names, could I get a mortgage in just my name?
Would this make a difference?
Biggest bingo bonuses "Get more bingo for your bucks"
0
Comments
-
Why don't you ring the Halifax to see if they can offer you something suitable instead of going onto the variable rate? They may have a tracker or other deal for customers who want to switch that isn't shown on the website. It's worth asking anyway.The bigger the bargain, the better I feel.
I should mention that there's only one of me, don't confuse me with others of the same name.0 -
My mortgage deal comes to an end on 31st July with Halifax after 3 years. I was looking about and noticed the Halifax website had no details for mortgages under £75K. I called them to ask what the deal would be and they didn't want to speak to me until mid June when someone would call me.
I'm also looking at ING because with no exit fee's you can always change further down the line.0
This discussion has been closed.
Confirm your email address to Create Threads and Reply
Categories
- All Categories
- 355.6K Banking & Borrowing
- 254.8K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
- 456.1K Spending & Discounts
- 248.2K Work, Benefits & Business
- 605.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
- 179K Life & Family
- 263.5K Travel & Transport
- 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
- 16.1K Discuss & Feedback
- 37.7K Read-Only Boards