We’d like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum.
This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are – or become – political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.
📨 Have you signed up to the Forum's new Email Digest yet? Get a selection of trending threads sent straight to your inbox daily, weekly or monthly!
what should I do to pay off mortgage
nivehc
Posts: 1 Newbie
Hi I have a very small mortgage by todays standards, only £25000 over a 25 year period, I have been paying it of monthly for the last 2.5 yrs, last week I received a junk mail offering loans, I noticed that I could get a loan for 20000 over 84 mths and only pay 4000 interest, a massive saving,this has started me thinking that surely there must be a way f paying this off, I have inquire with the bank (Abbey) and they inform me that if I increase the payments to £300 per mth I will cut 12 yrs of it, However I am wondering what would be the best overall strategy.
Any help or advice much appreciated.
Any help or advice much appreciated.
0
Comments
-
IMO your probably better to stick with the mortgage and reduce the term........check with your mortgage re interest rates compared to the loan.....also, these junk mail offerings arent all as they may seem, usually when you call up to get a loan, they say you dont qualify for the lowest rate and try to offer you the loan at a higher interest rate.
Hope that helped a minisule bit
kFunky Little Frog0
This discussion has been closed.
Confirm your email address to Create Threads and Reply
Categories
- All Categories
- 355.6K Banking & Borrowing
- 254.8K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
- 456.1K Spending & Discounts
- 248.2K Work, Benefits & Business
- 605.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
- 179K Life & Family
- 263.5K Travel & Transport
- 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
- 16.1K Discuss & Feedback
- 37.7K Read-Only Boards