Couple of questions about email and postal comps.

Options
1) When there's an email comp, but no subject is given, do you write your own subject? Do you think it makes a difference if it says 'PLEASE PICK ME I'D LOVE TO WIN!!' Or if no title is given does that mean they aren't expecting one and so will be less likely to pick your email?

And 2) With postal entries, do you send your postcards off as close as possible towards the end date, hoping they put them all in a big tub and so will be more likely to pick one closer the top of the pile? Or do you think that is irrelevant?

:)
Every Saint has a past. Ever Sinner has a future.

Comments

• cagsd
    cagsd Posts: 7,625 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post I won, I won, I won!
    Options
    1) if no subject is given I normally put the name of the prize/comp as the subject, so eg " iPad competition" or "Iron Man Giveaway" etc. I don't think I'd put something like "Pick Me" but then I suppose why not, can't hurt.

2) I don't do postal entries but I always imagine they'd be drawn the way they used to do on the likes of Swap Shop or Blue Peter etc - a sack full of postcards and they rummage around and draw out one without looking, rather than just taking one off the top!! But again, who knows!
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.5K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure