Swagbucks Challenge May 2013

Options

Comments

• paulshorse
    paulshorse Posts: 3,341 Forumite
    Options
    LazyLizzie wrote: »
    I can't use my swagbucks to get amazon vouchers. :( It tells me to verify with my phone number or US mail but when I enter my mobile number it says this:
    Phone verification failed. This number does not work with our system. Please proceed with postcard verification

Has anyone else had this problem? Is there a way to fix it? I've tried my number as it is normally, and with the 0 removed and +44 put in front of it, neither of them work.

The account verification is a one-of thing that you have to do. The verify with your phone number has stopped working for us in the UK - there are lots of people who have had this problem and Swagbucks will not sort it out. I'm afraid you will have to use the verify by postcard method. It takes about 10 days for the postcard to come, but then all you do is enter the code that is shown on the card and your account will be verified and you'll be able to order your vouchers
    Swagbucks joined 5th July 2012 - Earned 2012: Amazon - £300 - 2013: Amazon - £610
    Neobux - joined 15th April 2013 - Earned 2013 $695 PayPal
    2014 - Swagbucks £75 Neobux $102 Clixsense $67
    2014 goal £180/600
  • silverfairy
    silverfairy Posts: 2,121 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    spiritwood wrote: »
    i do not believe for one minute that it is the survey company. this is swagbucks restricting earning potential again. the surveys are all available on other sites, it is only swagbucks who have the problem as usual.

Do you think the late night timings to UK members coincides with the times the Americans would be getting in from college/work?
  • PudPie25
    PudPie25 Posts: 40 Forumite
    Options
    develash84 wrote: »
    Todays target 100 sb.

Target done in less than 15 minutes thanks to a 125 sb survey. :)

This is more like it! Nearly hit target already thanks to a daily survey. Like the good old days. No target pressure!
  • paulshorse
    paulshorse Posts: 3,341 Forumite
    Options
    Do you think the late night timings to UK members coincides with the times the Americans would be getting in from college/work?

It could be, but some people are getting daily surveys throughout the day, so they are not being released all in one go. Swagbucks are blaming the survey company (Toluna) and say they are trying to sort it out with them. Now, I don't know whether this is coincidental or not, but about 3 weeks ago, Swagbucks UK wanted to know what times people used the Swagbucks site so they could offer people the best earning opportunities. Shortly after that we had this problem with the daily surveys.

If this problem with the daily surveys is something to do with timings of when people use the site, then fair enough - it could be a good idea in theory because if someone is working all day, then it could be better for them to be offered surveys at, say, 7pm rather than during the day when they are at work and have no chance of completing them. If someone doesn't work and is at home all day, then again it would make sense for them to be offered surveys sometime during the day. However, this will only work if people are told when the surveys will be available for them - as it is, it's pure guesswork. I had a survey at 11pm yesterday - if I'd gone to bed at a reasonable time, then I would have missed it and not hit the daily target - that is despite checking if the tick boxes had appeared every half hour throughout the day from 8am (I'm on holiday this week).

Personally I don't know who is to blame for this. We had been complaining for two weeks that people were not getting the surveys, but it was only when things became heated that any notice appears to have been taken. I do have one or two theories as to what may be going on, but they are only theories. I'm trying to get more information - the last I heard was that Swagbucks are trying to get it sorted. I'll update when I hear anything else
    Swagbucks joined 5th July 2012 - Earned 2012: Amazon - £300 - 2013: Amazon - £610
    Neobux - joined 15th April 2013 - Earned 2013 $695 PayPal
    2014 - Swagbucks £75 Neobux $102 Clixsense $67
    2014 goal £180/600
  • scubaangel
    scubaangel Posts: 6,600 Forumite
    First Anniversary
    Options
    Well I just logged in and found tick boxes and managed to complete a DS about charities.

But my goal meter isn't updating in firefox again (its fine in chrome however).
    It’s not worth doing something unless someone, somewhere, would much rather you weren’t doing it.
    Sir Terry Pratchett
    Find my diary here

http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?t=5135113
  • Blackpepper1
    Options
    Nothing yesterday and nothing today so far survey wise available.
    There is definitely something about the way the surveys are being released.
    Allot are Toluna Surveys yet when I was a member there there were always plenty throughout the day and other sites there is no problem.
    A Swagbucks problem that isn't getting sorted. I would rather have one survey at least a day and able to reach the SB target daily rather than the way it is at the moment earning maybe 200 in one or two days then nothing for the next couple of days or so.
    Blogging and earning online.
  • Tolteca87
    Tolteca87 Posts: 1,394 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    But if you got a daily every day you would probably hit target and then Swagbucks would have to pay you a bonus.
  • markbarr
    Options
    thanks. nice post,
  • spiritwood
    spiritwood Posts: 992 Forumite
    Options
    Tolteca87 wrote: »
    But if you got a daily every day you would probably hit target and then Swagbucks would have to pay you a bonus.

BINGO! :D everything happening since xmas is designed to restrict the amount of times we hit target. an average of 3 quid bonus per month per user adds up.... they will deny this o f course.
    Originally Posted by easylife73:

Totally enjoyed your glittery fanjo spiritwood...and how totally wrong does THAT sound??!
  • Leana
    Leana Posts: 198 Forumite
    Options
    I have a little question, the email I used for swagbucks isn't the email I use for paypal. So if I wanted to redeem my reward through paypal will it give me an option to choose what email I want to send it to?
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.3K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure