Swagbucks Challenge May 2013

Options

Comments

• paulshorse
    paulshorse Posts: 3,341 Forumite
    Options
    cally6008 wrote: »
    OOOEEERRRR

Background - Lee posted on facebook saying he had done 2 daily surveys. A few people had a go at him
    http://www.facebook.com/SwagbucksUK/posts/671329502884000

187764_413235435360076_1670719389_q.jpg
    Swagbucks UK

i have read a lot of stuff on here and we need to clear some things up. firstly, it is possible to do two daily surveys within a 24 hour period, because surveys gets delivered to you every 24 hours and you could do one just before it is delivered and one after, so you would have done 2 within a day, but you would not get another one for another 24 hours. lee did this, did two in 24 hours and got credited twice. this is absolutely fine, he did nothing wrong at all, his account is not likely to be deleted and frankly i think the way a couple of you leapt on his back was pretty unedifying. you dont get banned for doing two daily surveys, you just dont get them delivered more than one every 24 hours.

I've got clarification from Swagbucks UK about the daily surveys and the number we can complete - nothing has changed, but unfortunately it was not explained clearly last night. I'll try to explain it all as simply if I can.

The Swagbucks day runs from 8am one day to 8am the next. During that time you can complete one daily survey ie. get to the congratulations screen. Even if it doesn't credit immediately, you can only do the one. If you are DQ'd or there is an error message, then you can try for another one. As soon as you reach the congratulations screen, though, then that's it until 8am the next day.

The daily survey cards don't come out until around 4pm, so in reality if you do a daily survey one day, you won't be able to physically do another until after 4pm the next unless you've got an old daily survey card still left on your home page. If you have still got an old card then you can complete a survey after 8am and you don't have to wait until that day's card comes out. So you could do one at, say, 8.30am - but that's it for the day - you can't do another until 8am the next day. It all revolves around the Swagbucks day - 8am one day until 8am the next.

The above have always been the rules and nothing has changed - you can complete one daily survey during the Swagbucks day, and only one.

All the confusion arose last night because someone said they'd done two daily surveys in one day. Let me try to give a hypothetical example of how this can happen:-

Monday 8am to 12pm (midnight) - I took a daily survey at 4.30pm but got DQd, which means I can take another one. However I didn't attempt another between these hours - because I was busy I waited until after midnight.

Tuesday 12-01am to 8am - I could still take a daily survey (because I hadn't taken one during the Swagbucks day of 8am Monday to 8am Tuesday) and so I clicked on the Monday card at 1am which is still on my home page and I completed the survey and got the congratulations screen. This would count towards the Monday goal still.

Tuesday 8am to Wednesday 8am - I can complete a daily survey at any time during those hours - in reality I'd have to wait until after 4pm when the next daily card comes out. This would count towards the Tuesday target. Now, if I complete the survey before midnight, then in effect I've done two in a 24 hour period - one before 8am and one after 8am, and this is perfectly OK.

I would then not be able to complete another daily survey until after 8am Wednesday when the Wednesday card appears on the home page (in reality after 4pm)

The above is purely to show that it is possible if someone is talking about the 'day' being midnight to midnight.

Moving onto Nick's comment about 'you get access to one every swagbucks day ie 8am to 8am - and you should not get access to more than one on that period'.

What he was trying to say was that the Daily Survey card on the home page gives you access to a number of survey opportunities (when it's working correctly) but once you've completed a survey and got the congratulations screen, whether it credits immediately or not, then you should not physically be able to take another daily survey until the next card appears on the home page after 8am the following day.

Unfortunately until the card disappears from the home screen then it is sometimes possible to still access the surveys even after you've completed one. If you remember the rule that you can only complete one daily survey during the Swagbucks day of 8am to 8am then you should be OK

Please bear in mind that at the moment the daily surveys are not working correctly and Nick has told me that they are trying to get it sorted out with the survey company as soon as possible, so the explanations I've given above are based on things working normally (or as normal as possible).

Nick has confirmed the accuracy of my examples and I hope this clarifies everything
    Swagbucks joined 5th July 2012 - Earned 2012: Amazon - £300 - 2013: Amazon - £610
    Neobux - joined 15th April 2013 - Earned 2013 $695 PayPal
    2014 - Swagbucks £75 Neobux $102 Clixsense $67
    2014 goal £180/600
  • silverfairy
    silverfairy Posts: 2,121 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    LarLar wrote: »
    Anyone got any idea when i should receive my paypal money? I ordered it on 03/06/2013 so it's only been 8 days. But it's been saying verified the majority of it (7 days i'd say).

Thankyou :)

They seem to have had a slight problem with paypal but said that it is sorted now & are clearing the backlog.So assume the 10 working days principle should apply to yours.It will say verified as soon as you have clicked to accept it was you that ordered.Unverified payments get put back into your account after 7 days I think.
  • PudPie25
    PudPie25 Posts: 40 Forumite
    Options
    iPoll pays in Amazon or Paypal. They have the same surveys as Swagbucks' "Trusted Surveys" but pay twice as much.

Pinecone Research pays Paypal.

YouGov pays in cash, but you need £50 to cash out. When they send you survey, you get to complete it, I have never been DQd from any of their surveys.

Crowdology, PanelBase and OnePoll+ (which is different than OnePoll) also all pay in cash.

:)

Hi Felicity,

Thanks for the helpful response. I had thought iPoll paid in cash, which is why I recently signed up and started doing surveys. However I can't find any way of cashing out for Paypal? I notice if you select $50 / 32pounds option in the drop down menu on the rewards page, Paypal appears, but I see no way of redeeming this way or any indication of minimum amount to cash out - is it $50 on iPoll?

Thanks.
  • CathWales
    CathWales Posts: 3,010 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    Just lost it with a gambling DS as the boxes wouldn't move, so bailed out.....nothing about for me...:mad:
  • zugzwang
    zugzwang Posts: 520 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Match.com is now 26 SB on Radium.

I suggest you don't sign up unless you know how to explain to your beloved your reasons for signing up to dating site!:p
  • spiritwood
    spiritwood Posts: 992 Forumite
    Options
    which is what we were all saying but nick decided to argue about. geez.
    paulshorse wrote: »
    I've got clarification from Swagbucks UK about the daily surveys and the number we can complete - nothing has changed, but unfortunately it was not explained clearly last night. I'll try to explain it all as simply if I can.

The Swagbucks day runs from 8am one day to 8am the next. During that time you can complete one daily survey ie. get to the congratulations screen. Even if it doesn't credit immediately, you can only do the one. If you are DQ'd or there is an error message, then you can try for another one. As soon as you reach the congratulations screen, though, then that's it until 8am the next day.

The daily survey cards don't come out until around 4pm, so in reality if you do a daily survey one day, you won't be able to physically do another until after 4pm the next unless you've got an old daily survey card still left on your home page. If you have still got an old card then you can complete a survey after 8am and you don't have to wait until that day's card comes out. So you could do one at, say, 8.30am - but that's it for the day - you can't do another until 8am the next day. It all revolves around the Swagbucks day - 8am one day until 8am the next.

The above have always been the rules and nothing has changed - you can complete one daily survey during the Swagbucks day, and only one.

All the confusion arose last night because someone said they'd done two daily surveys in one day. Let me try to give a hypothetical example of how this can happen:-

Monday 8am to 12pm (midnight) - I took a daily survey at 4.30pm but got DQd, which means I can take another one. However I didn't attempt another between these hours - because I was busy I waited until after midnight.

Tuesday 12-01am to 8am - I could still take a daily survey (because I hadn't taken one during the Swagbucks day of 8am Monday to 8am Tuesday) and so I clicked on the Monday card at 1am which is still on my home page and I completed the survey and got the congratulations screen. This would count towards the Monday goal still.

Tuesday 8am to Wednesday 8am - I can complete a daily survey at any time during those hours - in reality I'd have to wait until after 4pm when the next daily card comes out. This would count towards the Tuesday target. Now, if I complete the survey before midnight, then in effect I've done two in a 24 hour period - one before 8am and one after 8am, and this is perfectly OK.

I would then not be able to complete another daily survey until after 8am Wednesday when the Wednesday card appears on the home page (in reality after 4pm)

The above is purely to show that it is possible if someone is talking about the 'day' being midnight to midnight.

Moving onto Nick's comment about 'you get access to one every swagbucks day ie 8am to 8am - and you should not get access to more than one on that period'.

What he was trying to say was that the Daily Survey card on the home page gives you access to a number of survey opportunities (when it's working correctly) but once you've completed a survey and got the congratulations screen, whether it credits immediately or not, then you should not physically be able to take another daily survey until the next card appears on the home page after 8am the following day.

Unfortunately until the card disappears from the home screen then it is sometimes possible to still access the surveys even after you've completed one. If you remember the rule that you can only complete one daily survey during the Swagbucks day of 8am to 8am then you should be OK

Please bear in mind that at the moment the daily surveys are not working correctly and Nick has told me that they are trying to get it sorted out with the survey company as soon as possible, so the explanations I've given above are based on things working normally (or as normal as possible).

Nick has confirmed the accuracy of my examples and I hope this clarifies everything
    Originally Posted by easylife73:

Totally enjoyed your glittery fanjo spiritwood...and how totally wrong does THAT sound??!
  • Tolteca87
    Tolteca87 Posts: 1,394 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    Just had a search win for the shop I was missing on Quidco Check in.
  • ThriftyFelicity
    Options
    PudPie25 wrote: »
    Hi Felicity,

Thanks for the helpful response. I had thought iPoll paid in cash, which is why I recently signed up and started doing surveys. However I can't find any way of cashing out for Paypal? I notice if you select $50 / 32pounds option in the drop down menu on the rewards page, Paypal appears, but I see no way of redeeming this way or any indication of minimum amount to cash out - is it $50 on iPoll?

Thanks.

Yes, it appears that if you want Paypal, you need to wait until you have $50/£32 before cashing out. As I recall, a button will appear on any reward once you have enough "available" credit to redeem that reward. I've cashed out once, for $23/£15.24 Amazon, it took about 2 weeks to receive the code.

:)
    R.I.P. Bart. The best cat there ever was. :sad:
  • Blackpepper1
    Blackpepper1 Posts: 655 Forumite
    Options
    Swagbucks Code: dadpresent
    5 SB expires at 6pm
    Blogging and earning online.
  • LarLar
    LarLar Posts: 212 Forumite
    Options
    Just received my first swagbucks order in my paypal account £25 :) and i've nearly got enough for another £25. Spoke too soon earlier haha only took 8 days which isn't took bad.

Bringing my online earnings to up to £33.94 :j
    Goals (Christmas 2014 Journey Started 29th June 2014)
    Savings - £170 - £1,000 by 31/07/14
    Debt - £1,400 - £1,784 by 1/01/14
    Swag - 0,764/4,949sb 0/4 by 25/12/14 Freebies 0/100
    Online Earnings - £0.00 /£100 Vouchers - £0/£100
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business