Nothing for 6 months and then offered 2 jobs in a day

Options
well I got a phonecall this morning offering me a job, a very crappy job working in a meat processing factory. The place has a really high turnover off staff and has a really bad reputation. I told the lady I would think about it and get back to her that afternoon.

Anyhow I was browsing UJM when A job on their today came up, only NMW but it is local (well a bike ride), 37.5 hr week and a lot nicer place to work working in a goods in position. So I called, they told me to send a cv within 30 mins I was asked to go down to see them and an hour later I now have a job starting 9am tomorrow. It is through an agency, a slightly better one than the rest, working for a high street fashion shops warehouse.

Its not what I'm trained for and the wages aren't anywhere near what I was earning, in fact two years ago I was earning double, but its a start and I'm ready to give it my all. Just shows that sometimes things happen when you least expect them to.
Bedroom Tax / Spare room subsidy / Housing Benefit Reduction - It's the same thing, get over it.

Comments

• marlot
    marlot Posts: 4,935 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Cool, and well done.
  • clogger
    clogger Posts: 59 Forumite
    Options
    very well done on that. good luck.
  • AP007
    AP007 Posts: 7,109 Forumite
    Options
    306chris wrote: »
    Just shows that sometimes things happen when you least expect them to.

I have been least expecting them for 34 months tomorrow LOL

Good luck
    We’ve had to remove your signature. Please check the Forum Rules if you’re unsure why it’s been removed and, if still unsure, email forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com
  • BillyB
    BillyB Posts: 156 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Ah well done :)
  • Daedalus
    Daedalus Posts: 4,253 Forumite
    Options
    306chris wrote: »
    Anyhow I was browsing UJM when A job on their today came up, only NMW but it is local (well a bike ride), 37.5 hr week and a lot nicer place to work working in a goods in position. So I called, they told me to send a cv within 30 mins I was asked to go down to see them and an hour later I now have a job starting 9am tomorrow. It is through an agency, a slightly better one than the rest, working for a high street fashion shops warehouse.

Blasphemy!

Congrats, goes to show that its all about not giving up and going for everything.
  • purpledonkey
    purpledonkey Posts: 6,997 Forumite
    Options
    Yay congratulations! It gives me hope :)
    'I solemnly swear that I am up to no good'
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport