Halifax 1% Stamp Duty Cashback

Anyone applied for a Halifax product in the last few days?

Check the new products. If you are buying for between £125k and £250k the products now include a cashback to repay your stamp duty.

Did a shared equity case yesterday on the 3.89% affordabale housing product and just changed it. Same rate, term etc but £1,650 cashback for the client.
I am a mortgage broker. You should note that this site doesn't check my status as a Mortgage Adviser, so you need to take my word for it. This signature is here as I follow MSE's Mortgage Adviser Code of Conduct. Any posts on here are for information and discussion purposes only and shouldn't be seen as financial advice. Please do not send PMs asking for one-to-one-advice, or representation.

Replies

• Our mortgage offer was apparently issued today - using the help to buy scheme. Do you know if that means we're too far in the process for this to apply?
  • kingstreetkingstreet Forumite
    37.9K Posts
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Name Dropper Photogenic
    Forumite
    stinkerbob wrote: »
    Our mortgage offer was apparently issued today - using the help to buy scheme. Do you know if that means we're too far in the process for this to apply?
    Broker, or direct?

Your broker should be able to go into case tracking, change the product and order a re-quote. Once that is done, the application is re-submitted and re-offered.

If direct, you need to ask Halifax.

Did you pay the product fee up front, or add to loan? If the former, you may have to pay it again.
    I am a mortgage broker. You should note that this site doesn't check my status as a Mortgage Adviser, so you need to take my word for it. This signature is here as I follow MSE's Mortgage Adviser Code of Conduct. Any posts on here are for information and discussion purposes only and shouldn't be seen as financial advice. Please do not send PMs asking for one-to-one-advice, or representation.
  • This is really helpful and something to consider thank you.
    37.9K Posts
    Forumite
    I've just emailed the new KFI to my client. I hope he appreciate the £1,650 we've just gained him! :D
  • it was through a broker - i've spoken to him today and he said the rate of interest is higher than we would have had but it still makes us better off over 2 years by over £1k so we're switching. we hadn't paid any fees yet as it was going to be added to the loan. Thank you so much for mentioning this :)
  • kwhewaykwheway Forumite
    10 Posts
    Is there a time limit on buying the property after applying for the mortgage with this deal? I have been looking for the small print on the website but I cannot find it. We would like to buy in September but I feel we might be too late if we applied on 7th July.
    37.9K Posts
    Forumite
    The SDLT incentive products are being withdrawn on Friday, 28th.

If you plan to apply, get your application in by then or you will lose out.
  • Dave_HamDave_Ham Forumite
    6K Posts
    Tenth Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Thanks for sharing, I was led to believe it was 1 week later than this date but you sound confident so will get on ours..

Cheers Kings...
    I am a Mortgage Broker
    You should note that this site doesn't check my status as a Mortgage Broker, so you need to take my word for it.
    This signature is here as I follow MSE's Mortgage Adviser code of conduct. Any posts on here are for information and discussion purposes only and shouldn't be seen as financial advice.
    37.9K Posts
    Forumite
    Got a product refresh email timed at 12.03 today;-

26th June 2013
    We'll be making changes to our product range

Dear Ian,

From Friday 28th June, we'll be making the following changes:

New business:

Stamp Duty campaign products removed

The Stamp Duty products have been withdrawn following the end of the successful 9 week campaign. This has helped thousands of first time buyers save up to £2,500 each by not having to pay the 1% stamp duty.
  • okborednowokborednow Forumite
    169 Posts
    Good to know kingstreet so thanks :) We got our mortgage offer on HTB with the stamp duty paid but we won't be completing til Nov/Dec. The offer says it's valid til Feb 14 so will i still get the stamp duty paid?
This discussion has been closed.
Latest MSE News and Guides

Boost your Nectar points

Get up to £25 this Saturday

MSE News

Preparing for summer

What MoneySaving things can you do now to get ready?

MSE Forum

Hot Diamonds 40% off code

Including already-reduced outlet stock

MSE Deals