We'd like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum. This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are - or become - political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.

Loans in Northern Ireland?????

Options
BabyDiesel
BabyDiesel Posts: 48 Forumite

Hi all,

I live in northern ireland and am currently applying for a loan, my husband has already applied for one which is more or less approved but because he has a bad credit history, it is quite a high intrest rate; as i have a better credit history, i used the link for the loans info on this site which goes through equifax so that there is no 'footprint' left on my credit history, all was well - got a far lower intrest rate and waited on picture getting back to me. I received an email from the moneysupermarket saying that if they didn't contact me in 5days then phone. No reply so i phoned... Only to discover that because i am in northern ireland - they can't / won't follow it up!?!?!?!?

WHY??? :confused:

Does anyone know of anything else that i can do? Or if there is anyway of Martin stating on this site if any of the info listed is available in northern ireland?

Also, i am currently applying for reclaiming bank charges and iv not heard of many stories from over here, have you?
Currently taking Abbey to small claims court and waiting for ulster bank, nationwide and northern bank getting back to me (any wonder the hubby has a bad creit rating!!)

Look forward to hearing from uz

Comments

• DesG
    DesG Posts: 1,288 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    Options
    Try the Northern Ireland board for info on bank charges reclaiming in NI.

Was that a secured loan from Picture? Can you not get an unsecured loan which you shouldn't have a problem with your location?

Cheers, Des.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 12 Election 2024: The MSE Leaders' Debate
  • 344.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.4K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450.1K Spending & Discounts
  • 236.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.6K Life & Family