We’d like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum.

This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are – or become – political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.

PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.
📨 Have you signed up to the Forum's new Email Digest yet? Get a selection of trending threads sent straight to your inbox daily, weekly or monthly!

Hairy cushions and throw

Hiya i was wondering if any of you could help me! I have a set of hairy cream cushions and a throw and they are in desperate need of a wash. They do not have any washing instructions on them, so i was wondering if anyone knows how to wash them? I was thinking of a delicates wash with just some fabric conditioner in it to freshen them up? also the backing on them in sort of a feux suede. Any tips welcome! thanx in advance

Comments

  • lil_me
    lil_me Posts: 13,186 Forumite
    10,000 Posts Combo Breaker
    I have some cushions which I wash then brush with a soft hair brush, sound similar to mine as they have a feux suede backing aswell. I use a normal wash & normal washing powder/conditioner. As always you would do so at your own risk but I'd say it's definately worth trying one first just incase.
    One day I might be more organised...........:confused:
    GC: £200
    Slinkies target 2018 - another 70lb off (half way to what the NHS says) so far 25lb
  • Gingernutmeg
    Gingernutmeg Posts: 3,454 Forumite
    Part of the Furniture Combo Breaker
    I've got a cushion like this and I've just had a look at the label inside - it says the 'fur' bit is 100% acrylic and the backing is 100% polyester. It says you can wash it at 40 degrees in a wool cycle, and cool iron (I assume this means the back, not the fur). Do not tumble dry and do not soak. Hope this helps!
This discussion has been closed.
★ ★ ★ Meet your Ambassadors

🚀 Getting Started

Hi new member!

Our Getting Started Guide will help you get the most out of the Forum

Categories

  • All Categories
  • 355.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 254.8K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 456.1K Spending & Discounts
  • 248.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 605.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 179K Life & Family
  • 263.5K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 16.1K Discuss & Feedback
  • 37.7K Read-Only Boards

Is this how you want to be seen?

We see you are using a default avatar. It takes only a few seconds to pick a picture.