We’d like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum.

This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are – or become – political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.

📨 Have you signed up to the Forum's new Email Digest yet? Get a selection of trending threads sent straight to your inbox daily, weekly or monthly!

Will I get a mortgage?

2»

Comments

  • MortgageMamma
    MortgageMamma Posts: 6,686
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    You know me JoeK, I just love pushing the boundaries.
    I am a Mortgage Adviser

    You should note that this site doesn't check my status as a mortgage adviser, so you need to take my word for it. This signature is here as I follow MSE's Mortgage Adviser Code of Conduct. Any posts on here are for information and discussion purposes only and shouldn't be seen as financial advice.
  • teaser
    teaser Posts: 13 Forumite
    I appreciate your offer ,I've first to speak to a local advisor as I said I would & I'm not in the habit of cancelling or letting people down. If I'm not 100% happy then I will be in touch. Either way, you are a star in my eyes, its good to know that theres genuine people ,who are genuinely prepared to help people in trouble. I wish you every success

    kindest regards
  • teaser
    teaser Posts: 13 Forumite
    Well I've spoke to an advisor who pretty much assures me that I should get a mortgage, but looks like I'm going to have to go the self cert route, because of my employment status of being on short term contracts..I'll update when I hear anything.

    many thanks for your responses
This discussion has been closed.
★ ★ ★ Meet your Ambassadors

🚀 Getting Started

Hi new member!

Our Getting Started Guide will help you get the most out of the Forum

Categories

  • All Categories
  • 355.7K Banking & Borrowing
  • 254.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 456.1K Spending & Discounts
  • 248.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 605.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 179K Life & Family
  • 263.6K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 16.2K Discuss & Feedback
  • 37.7K Read-Only Boards

Is this how you want to be seen?

We see you are using a default avatar. It takes only a few seconds to pick a picture.