We’d like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum.
This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are – or become – political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.
📨 Have you signed up to the Forum's new Email Digest yet? Get a selection of trending threads sent straight to your inbox daily, weekly or monthly!
Northen Rock - How do I know if approved?
snowmaid
Posts: 3,494 Forumite
I am probably just being paranoid! (Hopefully!) 
We had a 'mortgage in principle' with Northern Rock. We have found a house. The application for the mortgage was put through. We have had a letter from the surveyors that they have been instructed by Northen Rock to do a survey. Survey is booked for Monday.
Northen Rock are asking what repayment vehicle we plan to use. Advisor said to write to them that we plan to get an ISA.
Does this mean the mortgage has been approved?!?!? Advisor says that it is and that they wouldn't instruct a surveyor if they weren't going to finance the purchase??
Can I take it that they will mortgage subject to the survey being in order?
We had a 'mortgage in principle' with Northern Rock. We have found a house. The application for the mortgage was put through. We have had a letter from the surveyors that they have been instructed by Northen Rock to do a survey. Survey is booked for Monday.
Northen Rock are asking what repayment vehicle we plan to use. Advisor said to write to them that we plan to get an ISA.
Does this mean the mortgage has been approved?!?!? Advisor says that it is and that they wouldn't instruct a surveyor if they weren't going to finance the purchase??
Can I take it that they will mortgage subject to the survey being in order?
0
Comments
-
Are you getting an ISA?Any posts on here are for information and discussion purposes only and shouldn't be seen as (financial) advice.0
-
Sorry guys but this isn't strictly correct. firstly let me say that i am a mortgage advisor but as i do not know you're circumstances this is just my opinion not advice.
A survey is only a part of the information gathering process used by the lender for determining if they are going to progress the agreement in principal to a full mortgage offer. You are financing the survey not the lender so why on earth wouldn't they carry it out!
Your mention of a repayment vehicle indicates that you have opted for interest only. In this case you would usually need to provide the lender with details of an ISA you have opened, such as an account number. this is just to show that you have made provision to pay the outstanding amount back at the conclusion of the term.
I wouldn't worry at all, this is all part of the process, speak to your advisor if you have concerns.
Hope this helps.debt @05/11/11 £12210.63!! slowly chipping away!!:heart2:impossible is nothing.:heart2:0 -
Pania is correct and I have had mortgages turned down after survey has taken place with them.
I always without fail request the any cases that I submit are fully underwritten before survey is paid for.
Whilst I understand this may worry you, I would say that I have done quite a few cases and the ones that this has happened to can be counted on my hands but its as stated above - you are paying for it so they dont lose out if they find something at a later date.I am a Mortgage AdviserYou should note that this site doesn't check my status as a Mortgage Adviser, so you need to take my word for it. This signature is here as I follow MSE's Mortgage Adviser Code of Conduct. Any posts on here are for information and discussion purposes only and shouldn't be seen as financial advice.0 -
Thanks guys.....I will now go slit my wrists!!!!! :eek:
My advisor said that they wouldn't normally do a survey if they had any doubts as to whether they were going to mortgage or not.
I understand that it is subject to the state of the house and whether it is worth the mortgage or not, that much I know.
He doesn't seem to be worried, but then it isn't his money!! :rolleyes:0
This discussion has been closed.
Confirm your email address to Create Threads and Reply
Categories
- All Categories
- 355.7K Banking & Borrowing
- 254.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
- 456.1K Spending & Discounts
- 248.3K Work, Benefits & Business
- 605.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
- 179K Life & Family
- 263.6K Travel & Transport
- 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
- 16.2K Discuss & Feedback
- 37.7K Read-Only Boards