Does anyone ever ..

Options
Does anyone ever just find themselves on here but not entering comps?

I seem to just be reading the IWIWIW and the CCC, for the past week or so I've found that there are soooo many comps at the mo that I'm finding it slightly daunting and just going through a phase of only entering 2-3 at a time.

I know it'll affect my chances but I'm not really bothered as I do only enter for fun. It's just sometimes I'll miss a day and catching up is so hard that I just end up not bothering.

I'm not moaning before anyone jumps on that. Just my sons gone for his nap and I fancy a little chitchat lol :)

Comments

• mumto2boys
    mumto2boys Posts: 7,993 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    I find myself reading the boards when I should really be entering, then kicking myself that I've not entered any because the spare time I had I was reading various MSE boards (not just competition ones). Like now for instance!! I should really get up to date before I start reading!!
    StayHome * StaySafe * BeKind
  • Keeley1986
    Keeley1986 Posts: 130 Forumite
    Options
    Me!
    Have barely entered anything since Friday, I come on thinking I'll go through them, but end up reading IWIWIW or Compers Chat instead (like now). :rotfl:
    Comping since Feb 2012.

Best wins - Pram, £800+ Baby equipment, Big :eek: gadget bundle, Summer hamper, £500 worth Freeze 24/7 products, Sony Xperia Z, £200 worth tanning/beauty products.
  • starrybee
    starrybee Posts: 1,917 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic First Post
    Options
    mumto2boys wrote: »
    I find myself reading the boards when I should really be entering, then kicking myself that I've not entered any because the spare time I had I was reading various MSE boards (not just competition ones). Like now for instance!! I should really get up to date before I start reading!!

Same here, sometimes someone will post such a fascinating thread somewhere else that I become engrossed!
  • serenity2012
    serenity2012 Posts: 2,175 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    I think its great that you're having so much fun with it at the moment. I think sometimes it can become a chore if you enter hundreds a day. Hope you have some great wins :)
    August-September 2017: Lots of stuff :)
    :beer::beer::)
  • lilmiztam22
    lilmiztam22 Posts: 231 Forumite
    First Anniversary
    Options
    When I first discovered comping a few months ago, I was just going through other sites but using this forum to give me motivation and read about fellow compers wins and then I discovered that people post comps! I still spend a lot of time reading IWIWIW and CCC it's nice to be part of a community :)
    Wishing you good luck
  • Blue___Nile
    Blue___Nile Posts: 2,778 Forumite
    Photogenic First Anniversary First Post Bake Off Boss!
    Options
    I find it can be a bit daunting entering comp after comp and to tell you the truth I get bored after a bit so I read IWIWIW to give me some motivation and the Compers Board for some fun and info. Its amazing but I'm still finding out new stuff I didn't know about and the hints and tips that people give are great.

I also know if I'm having a problem with a comp or entering the mag dailies for instance I can come in here and usually find its not just me so gives me a great feeling know I am part of some a nice community.

Which reminds me I've been so busy reading threads and posting replies I haven't entered any comps today :eek:

Good luck everyone
    Growing old is unavoidable. However, growing up is still optional.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure