£29k debt .....no money no luck

Options
hi there

tried my luck today with my boss, but he refused to give an increment in salary......looks like paying a debt of £29k a very far fetched dream!!!!

debtblue

Comments

• Crown
    Crown Posts: 1,377 Forumite
    Options
    H|i, Even if he has turned you down for a payrise then either work hard and prove that you deserve it or look around for other earning oppurtunities.

£29k may seem like a lot but we are all in the same boat and my debts are nearly double yours. |Its about taking it step by step and not trying to clear it all in one go.

Have you posted a SOA before? If so have you gone through it and made as many savings as possible?

IOf you want some advice then post up some more info ;)
    Official DFW Nerd Club - Member no. 297 - Proud To Be Dealing With My Debts :D
  • Uniscots97
    Uniscots97 Posts: 6,685 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    Hi Debtblue, I didn't get a payrise either and I too have a lot of debt to pay off. Why not post your SOA and we'll see if we can help? I got a lot of help on here and my debt is slowly coming down.
    CC2 = £8687.86 ([STRIKE]£10000[/STRIKE] )CC1 = £0 ([STRIKE]£9983[/STRIKE] ); Reusing shopping bags savings =£5.80 vs spent £1.05.Wine is like opera. You can enjoy it even if you don't understand it and too much can give you a headache the next day J
  • Storm
    Storm Posts: 1,749 Forumite
    Debt-free and Proud!
    Options
    In terms of getting a payrise, you need to show why you deserve it i.e.

- I've taken on additional responsibility in the last year by ......
    - I've introduced a more effective system, saving time and money by .....
    - I've performed duties above my current job description such as .....

Also, have a look around at what's out there in similar fields - start sending off applications - if you get offered something else you can always use it a negotiation tool if you don't really want to leave...
    Total Debt 13th Sept 2006 (exc student loan): £6240.06 :eek:
    O/D 1 [strike]£1250 [/strike]O/D 2 [strike]£100[/strike] Next a/c [strike]£313.55[/strike]@ 26.49% Mum [strike]£130[/strike] HSBC [strike]£4446.51[/strike]@15.75%[STRIKE]M&S £580.15@ 4.9%[/STRIKE]
    Total Debt 30th April 2008: £0 100% paid off!

PROUD TO [STRIKE]BE DEALING [/STRIKE] HAVE DEALT WITH MY DEBT ;)
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.7K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure