1/2 New Year Resolutions.

Options
Hello everyone!! How are you all?

I cant believe we are almost in June, very scary at how fast the time has gone!!

So since we are at the half way mark - how has the year gone for you? Have you tackled your NYR's? What are your goals & the things you want to achieve by the end of 2007? Have you started saving for Christmas yet? :eek: :p

(Ok, was just kidding about the last point, but I am sure some of you have and are very organised on that front..)

I hope 2007 is proving to be a good year for you!!

Have a good day xx

Comments

• GirlRacer_2
    GirlRacer_2 Posts: 3,026 Forumite
    Options
    It's very scary - where does all the time go.

I've not done too badly so far this year, I've paid off a few cards and am really motivated to get the rest paid off. I've managed to save and pay for a holiday for me and the children and saved for spending money (in the past it's gone on the cards!). I've also reclaimed my charges which has gone a long way in helping me out.

My aim for the rest of 2007 is to pay off Argos and the Mint card, if I can do that then I'll be a happy little bunny x
  • Lucy1982_2
    Lucy1982_2 Posts: 4,611 Forumite
    Options
    As I only joined up in April. (my lightblub moment was a little late!) I'm really pleased with what I've achieved. I've managed to re-jig my outgoings and saved myself about £55 a month (£660 a year!!) I've nearly paid off one card there is only £30.11 left which will be paid on friday. And I've managed to pay £50 off my overdraft this month!!!

My aim for the rest of the year is to pay off my other sc with a balance of about £433 and at least half of my overdraft. It doesn't sound much but I really struggle paying off my overdraft as it eats so much of my money. But I'm hoping that I'll manage to get most of the overdraft paid.

Good luck all
    Current debt - £16,300 :(
    Debt at worst 17/03/2011 - £18,067.62:eek::eek:
    :ANot going anywhere else, ever again :A
  • beemuzed
    beemuzed Posts: 2,188 Forumite
    Mortgage-free Glee!
    Options
    Well, I've certainly made no progress on the eternal "! will lose weight and get fit this year" resolution!
    Moneywise, I've been able to overpay on cc bills each month and have also moved to lower interest rates. My aim is to clear the two lowest amounts outstanding before the beginning of August (and yes, one of those does have the highest rate of interest I now have). If I could then clear the one with the next highest debt by the end of December I'd be left with just one, relatively small balance by then, to take into 2008. here's hoping....
    Have also put aside money for this year's holiday in separate account - could have thrown that money at ccs, but would then have used a card to help pay for the holiday. This way, the money's there, and it will all be paid for upfront, plus spending money. Gosh, seeing that written down makes me realise just how much I have done. Now if only I could lose weight and get fit ........
    Resolution:
    Think twice before spending anything!
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family