We’d like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum.

This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are – or become – political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.

📨 Have you signed up to the Forum's new Email Digest yet? Get a selection of trending threads sent straight to your inbox daily, weekly or monthly!

Want to buy bright colured sofa, and a decent bed?

So I am terrible at internet shopping and don't know what the best sites are for sofas, but I am looking for a fabric sofa in a light green or in other pastel shades. I have been on lots of websites and seen some good deals on sites like worldstores, but then I don't trust them as a retailer and I don't think they have a good returns policy.

Worldstores also have decent prices on Ottoman beds. The thing I am struggling with is this is not like buying electrical goods where you can build a picture from the reviews. There just seems to be a lack of detailed reviews for the websites and items I am looking at.

Can anyone give me an example of a good retailer they have found that maybe isn't one of the major ones? Ideally I would spend no more than £400 on a sofa and chair and £150 on a bed, but I don't know if that is realistic. I guess the real problem is trying before you buy. The best deals might not be in stores.

I live on my own in a one bed flat so I guess I don't need any more than a medium sofa and maybe a chair to match. The cheaper Ikea stuff looks awful online, but maybe they have more of a selection in store?

Any other links / suggestions for pastel colours?? I can't handle anything dark, and definitely not blue teal or some of the crazy colours that seem to be common between different retailers.

Comments

This discussion has been closed.
★ ★ ★ Meet your Ambassadors

🚀 Getting Started

Hi new member!

Our Getting Started Guide will help you get the most out of the Forum

Categories

  • All Categories
  • 355.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 254.8K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 456.1K Spending & Discounts
  • 248.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 605.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 179K Life & Family
  • 263.5K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 16.1K Discuss & Feedback
  • 37.7K Read-Only Boards

Is this how you want to be seen?

We see you are using a default avatar. It takes only a few seconds to pick a picture.